Bashir Ahmad Bilour
Bashir Ahmad Bilour (Pashto: بشیر احمد بلور; 1 August 1943 - 22 December 2012) was a member of the provincial assembly of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Senior Minister for Local Government and Rural Development of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
Bashir Ahmad Bilour
بشیر احمد بلور
|Born||1 August 1943|
|Died||22 December 2012(aged 69)|
|Occupation||Provincial MPA, Senior Minister, Businessperson,|
|Years active||1970 - 2012|
|Political party||Awami National Party|
|Parent(s)||Bilour Din|
|Relatives||Ghulam Ahmad Bilour (brother)|
Early life and educationEdit
In the 2008 elections, Bashir Bilour was elected as a member of the provincial assembly of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa with majority of the votes, (over 4000) from PF-3, a constituency of Peshawar City. He remained MPA for 5 consecutive times. He was the parliamentary leader and was the only MPA of ANP even after the MMA wave when Ghulam Ahmad Bilour and many others lost.
Death and funeralEdit
On 22 December 2012, Bilour was leaving after attending a meeting of ANP workers at a private residence in Peshawar, when he was attacked and critically injured by a suicide bomber at 6:15 pm. He was taken to Lady Reading Hospital where he died at 7:40 pm. His secretary, Noor Muhammad, was also killed in the blast. This was the 5th attack on him and, as was usual for Bilour, he had no guards with him. The funeral prayer for him was held at Colonel Sher Khan Army Stadium on 23 December 2012 with at least 20,000 people despite threats. The city was closed, as the father of Peshawar and face of KP assembly, was buried at Syed Hasan Pir graveyard in Peshawar.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 November 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-01.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Our Team - Afghan Kakazai Welfare Trust, Peshawar". Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- Ali Shah, Syed Inayat (5 November 2008). "Personifying the art of politics". The News (Pakistan). Archived from the original on 28 July 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- Hidayat, Khan (22 December 2015). "REPLUG: Three years on, Bilour's war is still on | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune.
- "Bashir Ahmed Bilour laid to rest". The News. Peshawar. 23 December 2012. Archived from the original on 23 December 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2012.