Barwa Group (QE: BRES) is a real estate company based in Doha, Qatar. Established in 2005, it is listed on the Qatar Exchange, with 45% of shares held by the Qatar Investment Authority, via its Qatari Diar subsidiary. It is primarily active in real estate development and related financial services. It is Qatar's largest real estate group.
|Traded as||QE: BRES|
|Total assets||QAR 66 billion (Dec 2011)|
|Parent||Qatar Investment Authority (45%)|
Barwa has been a sponsor of the Spanish motorsport Addax Team.
In 2012, Barwa Group launched a construction project in the southern zone of Mesaieed to establish a large tourist resort over an area of 829 square metres (8,920 sq ft).
In February 2009, a development project was launched in Mesaimeer, a district of Al Rayyan by Barwa Group. Entailed in the project are 1,000-capacity residential housing units, a supermarket, a nursery, and a mosque; all within a gated compound.
Barwa Al BarahaEdit
- Barwa Group, Our Beginning Archived August 28, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- arabianbusiness.com, 2 June 2013, Qatar's Barwa eyes expansion in US, UK, Turkey
- "Barwa to build sea tourist resort in Mesaieed Industrial City". The Peninsula Qatar. 22 March 2012. Archived from the original on 4 September 2015. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Masaken Mesaimeer & Masaken Al Sailiya". Barwa Group. Archived from the original on 2016-05-05. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Residents of Barwa Masaken are all praise". Gulf Base. 25 December 2010. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Masaken Mesaimeer". Waseef. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Qatar to build $1.1bn labourer city". Arabian Business. 2 March 2008. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Barwa Village". Barwa. Retrieved 6 August 2015.