Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Barron's is an American weekly newspaper published by Dow Jones & Company, a property of News Corp. It was founded in 1921 by Clarence W. Barron and covers US financial information, market developments, and relevant statistics. Each issue provides a summary of the previous week's market activity as well as news, reports, and an outlook on the week to come.
October 11, 2010 cover of Barron's
|Founder||Clarence W. Barron|
|Company||Dow Jones & Company (News Corp)|
|Based in||New York City|
Features in the publication include:
- Market Week – coverage of the previous week's market activity
- Barron's Roundtable – Posts from noted investors such as Bill Gross, Mario Gabelli, Abby Joseph Cohen, Felix Zulauf, and Marc Faber
- Best Online Brokers – A ranking of the top online trading brokerage firms. Criteria include trading experience and technology, usability, mobile, range of offerings, research amenities, portfolio analysis & report, customer service & education, and costs.
- Top Financial Advisors – America's top financial advisors.
The paper has been published by Dow Jones & Company since 1921. The magazine is named after Clarence W. Barron, an influential figure to Dow Jones and a founder of modern financial journalism. Dow Jones also publishes The Wall Street Journal. In 1990, color was introduced to the magazine and full color in January 1996. Barron's introduced a two-section version of the paper on March 7, 1994. In 1996, Barrons.com was launched as part of WSJ.com and relaunched as a standalone product in January 2006. Barron's held its first Financial Advisor conference in 2005. In September 2008, Barron's acquired the Winner's Circle Organization. In September 2009, Barron's launched Penta as a new section. The section targets "pentamillionaires", individuals with at least $5 million in assets, with financial advice.
- "Alliance for Audited Media Snapshot Report - 6/30/2013". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2013. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- "This Week". Barron's.
- "Roundtable". Barron's.
- "Best Online Brokers". Barron's.
- "Top Financial Advisors". Barron's.
- "Best of Best Meet at Barron's Winner's Circle Conference for Financial Advisors; Barron's First-Ever Event Yields Insights into Industry Best Practices". 6 December 2005. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "Barron's acquires The Winner's Circle Organization". American City Business Journals. September 25, 2008.
- "Barron's Magazine to Launch New Section Providing Trusted Advice for Pentamillionaires" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. September 24, 2009.