Barron's is an American weekly magazine/newspaper published by Dow Jones & Company, a division of News Corp. Founded in 1921 by Clarence W. Barron (1855-1928) as a sister publication to The Wall Street Journal, Barron's covers US financial information, market developments, and relevant statistics. Each issue provides a summary of the previous week's market activity as well as news, reports, and an outlook on the week to come.
October 11, 2010 cover of Barron's
|Founder||Clarence W. Barron|
|Company||Dow Jones & Company (News Corp)|
|Based in||New York City|
Features in the publication include:
- Market Week – coverage of the previous week's market activity
- Barron's Roundtable – Posts from noted investors such as Bill Gross, Mario Gabelli, Abby Joseph Cohen, Felix Zulauf, and Marc Faber
- Best Online Brokers – A ranking of the top online trading brokerage firms. Criteria include trading experience and technology, usability, mobile, range of offerings, research amenities, portfolio analysis & report, customer service & education, and costs.
- Top Financial Advisors – America's top financial advisors.
The magazine has been published by Dow Jones & Company since 1921. The magazine is named after Clarence W. Barron, an influential figure to Dow Jones and a founder of modern financial journalism. Dow Jones also publishes The Wall Street Journal. In 1990, color was introduced to the magazine and full color in January 1996. Barron's introduced a two-section version of the paper on March 7, 1994.
In September 2008, Barron's acquired the Winner's Circle Organization. In September 2009, Barron's launched Penta as a new section. The section targets "pentamillionaires", individuals with at least $5 million in assets, with financial advice.
- "Alliance for Audited Media Snapshot Report - 6/30/2013". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2013. Archived from the original on January 23, 2017. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- Hersh Shefrin (2002). Beyond Greed and Fear: Understanding Behavioral Finance. ISBN 0195161211.
- Harold L. Vogel (2014). Entertainment Industry Economics: A Guide for Financial Analysis. ISBN 978-1107075290.
- "CLARENCE W. BARRON, PUBLISHER, IS DEAD; Head of The Wall St. Journal a Victim of Catarrhal Jaundice at 73 in Battle Creek. NOTED FINANCIAL FIGURE A Writer on World Fiscal Topics --Body Will Be Taken to His Old Home in Boston". The New York Times. October 3, 1928.
- "Barron's: IBM Credit Corp. & Comdisco". Computerworld. 17 October 1983. p. 5.
The Barron's report further stated that IBM Credit Corp. ...
- Google Scholar: N. W. Netanel (2008). "New media in old bottles? Barron's". George Washington Law Review. SSRN 1183167. Cite journal requires
- "This Week". Barron's.
- Google Scholar: H. Desai; P. C. Jain (1995). "An analysis of the recommendations of the "superstar" money managers at Barron's annual roundtable". The Journal of Finance. doi:10.1111/j.1540-6261.1995.tb04057.x.
performance of .. Barron's Annual Roundtable
- "Roundtable". Barron's.
- "Best Online Brokers". Barron's.
- "Barron's: Comdisco books "very complicated"". Computerworld. September 3, 1984. p. 103.
John Keefe, a stock analyst who follows the company, said ... very complicated, and the Barron's examination of ...
- "Top Financial Advisors". Barron's.
- Barron's (1921-1942). OCLC 712794404.
- "Barron's' to bow on Web". Advertising Age. 28 June 1996.
- "Barron's Videos". wsj.com.
- "Barron's gets a redesign". Advertising Age. 17 May 2005.
- January 2006
- 2005: "Best of Best Meet at Barron's Winner's Circle Conference for Financial Advisors; Barron's First-Ever Event Yields Insights into Industry Best Practices". 6 December 2005. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "Barron's acquires The Winner's Circle Organization". American City Business Journals. September 25, 2008.
- "Dow Jones Media Group stitches corporate work and lifestyle together". April 9, 2018.
The current iteration of Penta is ...
- "Barron's Magazine to Launch New Section Providing Trusted Advice for Pentamillionaires" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. September 24, 2009.