"Barefootin'" is a 1966 song written and performed by Robert Parker. "Barefootin'" was arranged and produced by Wardell Quezergue in 1965. Parker's record label, Nola Records, claimed that the record sold over one million copies.
|Single by Robert Parker|
|B-side||"Let's Go Baby (Where the Action Is)"|
|Producer(s)||Whurley Burley Productions, arranged by Wardell Quezergue|
The song reached No.2 on the U.S. Hot Rhythm & Blues Singles chart and No.7 on the Billboard Hot 100. It also peaked at No.11 on the Cash Box Top 100 in June 1966. Outside the US, the track reached No.7 in Canada in June 1966 and No.24 in the UK Singles Chart in September 1966.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2013)
In 1987 a claymation music video was produced by Aardman Animations taking place in outer space with aliens singing. Aardman Animations were approached by Charly Records who owned the back catalog rights to many classic R&B tracks. In the late '80s, classic R&B charted at the lower 100 on the charts and sometimes the owner would spend some marketing money on a song hoping to kick it into the top 20.
- Murrells., Joseph (1978). The Book of Golden Discs (2nd ed.). London: Barrie & Jenkins. p. 210. ISBN 0-214-20512-6.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 449.
- "CASH BOX Top 100 Singles: Week ending JUNE 11, 1966". www.cashboxmagazine.com. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "RPM Top 100 Singles - June 27, 1966" (PDF).
- "Official [U.K.] Singles Chart Top 50: 1st-7th September 1966". Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 417. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Episode 8: Music Videos", aardman.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
|This 1960s song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|