BankNordik is a Faroe Islands-based financial services company that provides banking and insurance services. It also provides some services in Denmark and Greenland. The Faeroese bank was previously known as Føroya Banki but after acquiring assets abroad, a new name was chosen to reflect its new market reach. It is one of the two full-service banking firms in the Faroe Islands.
|Headquarters||Tórshavn, Faroe Islands|
|Stine Bosse (Chairman)|
|(DKK 227 million) (2016)|
|Total assets||DKK 15.5 billion(2016)|
|Total equity||DKK 1.9 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
|415 (FTE, 2009)|
The bank's services cover 40% of the market share in the Faroe Islands.
Mergers and acquisitionsEdit
Over the years BankNordik has acquired similar assets while also divesting from some markets.
- In February 2010 it acquired 12 branches of Sparbank in Greenland.
- In 2011 the bank acquired some assets of Amagerbanken.
- "Annual report" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2018-01-03. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- Foroya Bank to become BankNordik. Nordic Business Report (M2). Mar. 17, 2010
- "Moody's Investors Services: Global Credit Research" (PDF). euroinvestor.dk/. Moody's.