This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)
Coordinates: 3°6′7″N 101°42′35″E / 3.10194°N 101.70972°E
Sri Permaisuri is a township in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is located near Bandar Tun Razak and Salak South. It was opened for residential housing in 2000. The major types of housing there are apartments and condominiums.
|Coordinates: 3°6′7″N 101°42′35″E / 3.10194°N 101.70972°E|
|State||Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur|
|• Local Authority||Kuala Lumpur City Hall|
|• Mayor||Mhd Amin Nordin Abdul Aziz|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|Dialling code||+60 391|
Bandar Sri Permaisuri is a privatised joint venture between Dwitasik Sdn. Bhd as the developer and Kuala Lumpur City Hall (Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur) (DBKL) as the land owner on a 220 acres (89 ha) site. It is developed as an integrated, self-contained residential, commercial and recreational township. The township was expected to cater to an estimated 70,000 people.
The development shares common boundaries with Cheras, Salak Selatan and Bandar Tun Razak. The area is also easily accessible via East–West Link Expressway, Kuala Lumpur–Seremban Expressway, Maju Expressway and Middle Ring Road II (MRRII). The township is divided 17 parcels; 10 residential and seven commercial parcels.
Sri Permaisuri is located in the south of Kuala Lumpur. It is surrounded by Taman Ikan Emas (north), Salak Selatan New Village (south-east), Taman Mulia (south) and Salak Selatan town (west).
- Masjid Al Najihin – opened in 2009 with a capacity of 5,000 people.
- Cheras Kum Yum Tong (观音堂)
Few educational institutions are located at or within the vicinity of Sri Permaisuri. They are;
- Sekolah Menengah Sains Selangor
- SM Teknik Kuala Lumpur
- Institut Perguruan Teknik
- Institut Perguruan Guru Kampus Ilmu Khas
- SK Seri Tasik
- SMK Seri Tasik
- SMK Seri Permaisuri
- Eye Level Learning Centre Bandar Sri Permaisuri
- SMA Majlis Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan [SMA-MAIWP]
- Sekolah Menengah Integrasi Sains Tahfiz [SMISTA-MAIWP]
- First Note Music Studio
Sports and RecreationalEdit
Permaisuri Lake Gardens is one of the major attractions for jogger/runners from around Sri Permaisuri. The 40 ha garden features a lake, fountains and outdoor gyms. Also located by the lake is the Kuala Lumpur Football Association Stadium.
Pusat Perubatan Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and Rehabilitation Hospital are located nearby on Jalan Yaacob Latif.
A 412,000 square feet (38,300 m2) mall; Queensville is being constructed in the township by Seal Inc Bhd. The mall is part of the development that includes serviced residences, flexible suites, an office tower and shoplots.
Sri Permaisuri is well connected to the RapidKL LRT via SP13 Salak Selatan LRT station (planned future interchange with MRT Circle Line), Salak Selatan KTM Komuter station as well as to the Sungai Besi Expressway (BESRAYA), Kuala Lumpur-Putrajaya Highway and the East–West Link Expressway.
The district is planned to be served by the CC24 Sri Permaisuri MRT station in the future which will be part of the proposed MRT Circle Line.
- ^ "Completed Developments". PPC Glomac.
- ^ "Affordable city home at Sri Permaisuri". The Star.
- ^ "Masjid Al-Najihin bertaraf lima bintang" [Al-Najihin Mosque- a five-star mosque] (in Malay). Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- ^ Natalie Khoo (29 June 2018). "Eight KL parks you should not miss". EdgeProp.my. Retrieved 9 January 2019.
- ^ "Seal aims high with RM800mil Queensville project". The Star.