The Baltimore Comets were a soccer team based out of Baltimore, Maryland that played in the North American Soccer League. They played from 1974 to 1975. Their home field was Memorial Stadium. Early in the 1975 season the team was evicted from Memorial Stadium due to non-payment of rent, and had to move to Towson University and Burdick Field.
|Full name||Baltimore Comets|
|Stadium||Memorial Stadium, 1974–75|
Burdick Field, 1975
|League||North American Soccer League|
|1974||NASL||10||8||2||105||2nd, Eastern Division||Lost Quarterfinal (Boston Minutemen)|
|1975||NASL indoor||0||2||—||0||3rd, Region 3||Did not qualify|
|1975||NASL||9||13||—||87||5th, Eastern Division||Did not qualify|
Indoor Soccer Hall of Fame members
- Nigro, Ken (December 5, 1973). "Baltimore returns to soccer league". Baltimore Sun. p. C1. Retrieved January 16, 2021.
- Lowenberger, William (May 29, 1975). "Moved Comets hope to 'teach' soccer better at Towson State". Baltimore Sun. p. C4. Retrieved January 16, 2021.
- Lowenberger, William (October 10, 1975). "Comets to move to Calif". Baltimore Sun. p. C7. Retrieved January 16, 2021.
- "Silvester MVP in NASL". Baltimore Evening Sun. August 20, 1974. p. C1. Retrieved January 16, 2021.
- Janofsky, Michael (August 15, 1974). "Comet Coach Cool, But Players Aren't". Baltimore Evening Sun. p. D1. Retrieved January 16, 2021.
- "Hall of Famers". indoorsoccerhall.com. September 1, 2020. Retrieved January 16, 2021.