This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2020)
Ballinderreen GAA is a Gaelic Athletic Association club based in Ballinderreen, County Galway, Ireland. The club was founded in 1884. The parish already was deeply rooted in hurling before the foundation of the GAA.
|Baile an Doirín|
|Colours:||Green and White|
|Grounds:||St. Sourney's GAA Grounds|
The club is situated in South Galway, in the parish of Ballinderreen. The club has produced many fine hurlers throughout the years, many of whom have gone on to win All Ireland Medals with Galway.
The Club has little success in terms of senior championship silverware, but it has been very successful in juvenile age groups, winning many underage championships.
In 2011, the club's Junior B team won the Leinster Junior B Club hurling championship, becoming the first ever Galway team to win a Leinster championship. They reached the All-Ireland Junior B Club Hurling Championship final. They defeated Thurles Sarsfields in the semi-final before meeting Doneraile GAA in the final. They went on to win 2–6 to 0–5.
The club's senior team last advanced as far as the Galway Senior Hurling Championship county final in 1978, with Noel Lane in the attack. They met neighbours and old rivals, Ardrahan in the decider. The game was held in Ballinasloe, with the game eventually ending in a draw on a scoreline of Ballinderreen 0–16, Ardrahan 2–10. The replay was held later, with Ardrahan winning their 11th title after extra time on a scoreline of Ardrahan 2-18 Ballinderreen 2–14.
In 2000, the Ballinderreen team won the Galway Intermediate Hurling championship, beating Kiltormer in the final by 1–8 to 0–4. They returned to the senior championship after only one year in intermediate.
- Intercounty hurlers
- Galway Intermediate Hurling Championship (2)
- 2000, 2017
- Galway Intermediate Hurling Championship runners up (1)
- Galway Senior Hurling Championship runners up (2)
- 1935, 1978
- South Galway Senior Hurling Championship (14)
- 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1944, 1957, 1960, 1965, 1966, 1972, 1974
- South Galway Board Junior Hurling Championship (3)
- 1929, 1930, 1942
- Galway Under-21 Hurling South Championship (1)
- Galway Junior B Hurling Championship (3)
- 1942, 1996, 2018
- Galway Under-21 B Hurling Championship (1)
- Galway Minor Hurling Championship (3)
- (B) 1987
- (C) 1997, 2015
- Galway Under-14 B Hurling Championship (1)
- Galway Under-12 B Hurling Championship (1)
- Leinster Junior B Club Hurling Championship (1)
- "Balls Remembers The Time A Small GAA Ground Held A European Cup Winners Cup Match". www.balls.ie. 29 July 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2016.