Balaraju Katha (transl. The Story of Balaraju) is a 1970 Telugu-language drama film written by Mullapudi Venkata Ramana and directed by Bapu. It is a remake of the 1969 Tamil film Vaa Raja Vaa, and has won the Nandi Award for Best Feature Film (bronze).
|Produced by||Vasiraju Prakasam|
|Story by||A. P. Nagarajan (story)|
|Music by||K. V. Mahadevan|
|Cinematography||P. S. Selvaraj|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Gopal Rao|
This is the story of a young boy Balaraju (Master Prabhakar) in a historical town Mahabalipuram. He becomes a tourist guide to support his entire family. An elderly childless couple takes a liking to him and wants to adopt him. The story is the results of his ordeals.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2020)
Soundtrack was composed by K. V. Mahadevan.
- "Adiganani Anukovaddu Cheppakunda Dateyoddu" -
- "Cheppu Cheppu Bhai Jarigedi Vippi Cheppu" -
- "Choodu Choodu Tamasha Bhale Tamasha Aidu Vella Tamasha" -
- "Hippie Hippie Aadapillalo Veellu Chepparani Goppa Goppa Tarajuvvalo" -
- "Mahabalipuram...Bharateeya Kalajagatikidi Goppa Gopuram" -
- "Okati Rendu Moodaite Muddu Antaku Minchina Santanamaite Vaddu" -
- Nandi Award for Best Feature Film (bronze) in 1971
- "சினிமாவில் வெற்றிக்கொடி நாட்டிய குழந்தைகள்!". Dina Thanthi (in Tamil). 4 June 2016. Archived from the original on 21 November 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2018.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- Telugu director Bapu hospitalised | Director Bapu Health Condition | South Film News | Reviews | Movie Stills | Wallapers
- Balaraju Katha (1970) – IMDb
- Grill Mill – Master Prabhakar - The Hindu
- "Balaraju Katha (1970)". Mio.