Bahawal Victoria Hospital, Bahawalpur
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (April 2017)
Bahawal Victoria Hospital (Urdu: بہاول وکٹوریہ سپتال, abbreviated as BVH) is located in Bahawalpur, Pakistan, started functioning as a Civil Hospital with an outdoor department and a dispensary and an operating theatre in 1876. In 1906 this health unit was named Bahawal Victoria Hospital. Now it is a hub of clinical expertise both in specialties as well as in sub-specialties with a multitude of patients visiting the hospital. In 1952, a benevolent extension of Nursing School was brought about with an anticipation to render rash and prompt basic health amenities. Classes leading to L.S.M.F were also started in 1956. Its nexus with Quaid e Azam Medical College (QAMC) in 1970 has transformed it into one of the largest tertiary care facilities in the province of Punjab.
|Bahawal Victoria Hospital|
بہاول وکٹوریہ سپتال
|Location||Bahawalpur, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Affiliated university||Quaid e Azam Medical College|
|Lists||Hospitals in Pakistan|
It is now a 1,600-bedded, fully equipped, tertiary-care hospital with all medical and surgical specialities, serving large number of patients in the South Punjab. It is facilitating undergraduate medical students of QAMC, nursing students of allied nursing school, paramedics and a large number of post-graduate trainees.
1. Department of Medicine (consists of 4 wards/units)
2. Department of Surgery (consists of 4 wards/units)
3. Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (consists of 2 wards/units)
4. Department of Paediatrics (consists of 2 wards/units)
5. Department of Allied Medicine (consists of one unit of each of Cardiology/CCU, Nephrology/Dialysis, Pulmonology/Chest Diseases, Dermatology and Psychiatry/Behavioural Sciences)
6. Department of Allied Surgery (consists of two units of each of Otolaryngology and Ophthalmology; and one unit of each of Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery, Orthopedics, Urology, Neurosurgery, Accidents and Emergency Department and Paediatric Surgery)
7. Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging
8. Department of Pathology/Medical Laboratory Sciences (consists of Histopathology, Haematology, Microbiology, Chemical Pathology, Molecular Biology/PCR and Endocrinology sections)
9. Department of Physiotherapy
10. Department of Public Health/Community Medicine
- Gill, Majeed (2006-07-08). "BVH centenary slips unnoticed". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2019-06-23.
- Chaudhry, Ammar (2009-08-08), Bahawal Victoria Hospital, retrieved 2019-06-23
- "Bahawal Victoria Hospital".
- "QAMC - Quaid e Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur". Dr. Najeeb Lectures. Retrieved 2019-06-23.
- Tribune.com.pk (2017-11-04). "Bahawal Victoria Hospital is a 'royal mess'". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 2019-06-23.
- Atif, Muhammad; Azeem, Muhammad; Sarwar, Muhammad Rehan; Shahid, Samia; Javaid, Sidra; Ikram, Huria; Baig, Uzma; Scahill, Shane (2016-11-08). "WHO/INRUD prescribing indicators and prescribing trends of antibiotics in the Accident and Emergency Department of Bahawal Victoria Hospital, Pakistan". SpringerPlus. 5 (1): 1928. doi:10.1186/s40064-016-3615-1. ISSN 2193-1801. PMC 5099312. PMID 27933228.
- Bahawalpur: Area and Population, Official Bahawalpur Government Website, archived from the original on 2010-11-09, retrieved 2010-10-27