The Badger Trust, formerly the National Federation of Badger Groups (NFBG), is a British animal welfare charity. It represents around sixty groups dedicated to the conservation and protection of the European badger.
|Predecessor||The National Federation of Badger Groups|
|Dominic Dyer, CEO|
The trust campaigns against badger culling in the United Kingdom. The trust filed legal challenges in the High Court against planned badger culls, challenging a planned cull in Wales in 2010. The Trust won a temporary halt to the Welsh cull. In 2012, the Trust's lawyers sent a 16-page legal letter to Natural England, which licensed a badger cull, calling upon the agency to stop a planned cull in Gloucestershire and Somerset; in 2014, the Trust filed a challenge in High Court to this planned cull. This challenge was unsuccessful. In 2016, the Badger Trust spoke out against plans to expand badger culling to five new areas in south-west England; the group's chief executive, Dominic Dyer, said that the four years of badger culling had "been a disastrous failure on scientific, cost and humaneness grounds" and called for a halt.
In 2014, the group issued a report about illegal snaring and hunting of badgers in Britain.
Local Badger Groups are the direct action side of the Badger Trust. Badger Trust represents the activities of a wide network of local voluntary Badger Groups in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, all working for the protection of their local badgers. 
The 61 local groups are;
- Badger Rescue: Essex
- Badger Trust - West Midlands
- Badger Trust - West Sussex
- Badger Trust Isle of Wight
- Badger Trust Sussex
- Badger Watch & Rescue Dyfed
- Badger Watch Ireland
- Bedfordshire Badger Group
- Binfield Badger Group
- Buckinghamshire Badger Group
- Burton on Trent & Lichfield
- Calderdale Badger Protection Group
- Cambridgeshire Mammal Group
- Clwyd Badger Group
- Cornwall Badger Rescue & Brock
- Devon Badger Group
- Dorset Mammal Group
- Durham County Badger Group
- Dyfi Badger Group
- East Kent Badger Group
- East Surrey Badger Protection Society
- East Yorkshire Badger Protection
- Essex Badger Protection Group
- Glamorgan Badger Group
- Gloucestershire Badger Group
- Gwent Badger Group
- Harlow Badger Group (incl. Epping Forest District)
- Herefordshire Badger Group
- Herts and Middlesex Badger Group
- High Peak Badger Group
- Kirklees Badger Protection Group
- Lancashire Badger Group
- Leeds and District Badger Group
- Leicestershire and Rutland Badger Group
- Mid Derbyshire Badger Group
- Neath and Port Talbot Badger Group
- New Forest Badger Group
- Norfolk Badger Trust
- North East Essex Badger Group
- North East Staffs
- North Northants Badgers
- North Riding Badger Group
- Northern Ireland Badger Group
- Northumberland Badger Group
- Oxfordshire Badger Group
- Ryedale Badger Group
- Shropshire Badger Group
- Somerset Badger Group
- South Derbyshire Badger Group
- South Downs Badger Protection Group
- South Yorkshire Badger Group
- Staffordshire Badger Conservation Group
- Stokesley & District Badger Group
- Suffolk Mammal Group
- Uttlesford Badger Group
- Wakefield District Badger Group
- Warwickshire Badger Group
- West Kent Badger Group
- West Surrey Badger Group
- Wiltshire Badger Group
- Wirral and Cheshire Badger Group
- Great Britain: Parliament: House of Commons: Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee; Parliament Great Britain House of Commons (15 March 2006). Bovine TB: Badger Culling, Sixth Report of Session 2005-06, Vol. 2: Oral and Written Evidence. The Stationery Office. p. 33. ISBN 978-0-215-02789-4. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Aslet, Clive (2012-09-17). "Spare the badger your tears..." The Telegraph. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Meredith, Charlotte (2013-02-27). "Controversial badger cull given the go-ahead despite outrage from animal welfare groups". Daily Express. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Driver, Alistair (2011-09-11). "Badger Trust loses legal battle to halt badger cull". The Farmers Guardian. Archived from the original on 9 November 2012.
- Steven Morris, Badger charity challenges Welsh cull, The Guardian (March 22, 2010).
- James Meikle, Judges halt Welsh badger cull, The Guardian (July 13, 2010).
- Badger Trust letter to Natural England attempting to halt badger cull, The Guardian (October 22, 2012).
- Damian Carrington, Badger cull under threat from last-minute legal challenge, The Guardian (October 21, 2012).
- Badger cull faces fresh legal challenge, Press Association (August 21, 2014).
- Adam Vaughan, Badger cull campaigners lose legal battle, The Guardian (October 29, 2014).
- Alice Ross, Badger cull protesters change tactics in response to expansion, The Guardian (August 23, 2016).
- Damian Carrington, Illegal snaring of badgers rising, report finds, The Guardian (October 2, 2014).
- Badger Trust Website, Badger Trust Website, The Badger Trust (June 04, 2018).