British Columbia Centre for Disease Control
|Headquarters||655 West 12th Avenue Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Parent agency||Provincial Health Services Authority|
It is located at 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC. The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) provides provincial and national leadership in public health through surveillance, detection, treatment, prevention and consultation services. The Centre has tuberculosis and sexually transmitted infections (STI) clinics as well as outreach clinics in high prevalence areas throughout BC. It also provides analytical and policy support to all levels of government and health authorities. It is linked to the University of British Columbia for research and teaching. The BCCDC is the centralized purchaser of all non-travel vaccines for the Province, is responsible for Provincial environmental health issues and carries out both public health and medical sciences research.
Organizational service linesEdit
- Clinical Prevention Services (CPS)
- Communicable Disease Prevention and Control Services (CDPACS)
- Environmental Health Services (EHS)
- Immunization Programs and Vaccine Preventable Disease Services (IPVPDS)
The BCCDC maintains partnerships with organizations throughout Canada, including regional health authorities, the Government of British Columbia, the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, the Public Health Agency of Canada, Health Canada, BC Communicable Disease Policy Advisory Committee, and the BC environmental Health Policy Committee.
- Henry, Bonnie; Drasic, Lydia (2013). "2013 BCCDC Annual Report" (PDF). BCCDC. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "BC Centre for Disease Control: Protecting Public Health" (PDF). PHSA. June 2013. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Raff, Daniel (29 Oct 2012). "A Blight on Vancouver: a Tuberculosis FAQ". The Terry Project (UBC). Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Smith, Sam (18 May 2014). "STIs rising across all age groups in Canada and B.C." Metro News. Archived from the original on 20 August 2015. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "What We Do". BCCDC. 15 Dec 2014. Archived from the original on 11 June 2013. Retrieved 10 November 2015.