BBVA Perú (formerly BBVA Banco Continental) is a Peruvian bank and subsidiary of Holding Continental (an affiliate of BBVA) which holds 92.08% of its equity.
|Alex Fort Brescia, (Chairman)|
|Revenue||US$ 579.7 Million (2021)|
|Total assets||US$ 264 Million (2021)|
Number of employees
The bank was established in 1951, and its operations are authorized by the Superintendencia de Banca, Seguros y AFP (SBS). Its principal offices are located in Av. República de Panamá No. 3055, San Isidro District, Peru.
BBVA Continental is the result of the merger of Banco Continental with Banco Bilbao Vizcaya and Grupo Breca in 1995.
In June 2011, the Fitch credit rating agency raised BBVA Continental's investment grade from BBB to A-.
The bank conducts its business through 311 branches located in different regions of Peru. As of February 2014, it had 5,429 employees.
In 2014, Global Finance ranked BBVA Continental the "Best Bank in Peru."
On June 10, 2019, BBVA unifies its brand worldwide and BBVA Continental is renamed BBVA.
In July 2019, Fernando Eguiluz becomes CEO of BBVA Perú.
- BBVA Continental official site
- ^ BBVA Banco Continental Notes to Financial Statements as of December 31, 2007, page 71.
- ^ "History". BBVA Continental. 6 June 2016. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- ^ GrupoRPP (2011-06-21). "Fitch elevó rating de BBVA Continental a A-". RPP (in Spanish). Retrieved 2023-01-28.
- ^ BBVA Banco Continental 2013 Annual Report
- ^ "Global Finance Magazine - BEST BANKS 2014: LATIN AMERICA".
- ^ "BBVA to unify its brand worldwide, changes its logo" (Press release). PR Newswire. December 24, 2019.
- ^ "BBVA designa a mexicano Fernando Eguiluz como nuevo CEO en Perú | ECONOMIA". 4 June 2019.