This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2019)
B. Vasantha (born 29 March 1944) is a South Indian playback singer. She has received two state level awards, the Kalaimamani (Tamil Nadu) and the Ugadi Award (Andhra Pradesh).
|Born||March 20, 1944|
Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh
|Genres||playback singing, Indian classical|
B. Vasantha was born on 1944 March 29 in Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh to Smt Boddupalli Kanaka Durga and Shri Boddupalli Ravindranath. Her father was a Musician, Painter and Photographer. She was raised in Guntur along with 5 siblings. She is the eldest of them. She began singing at a very young age.
Vasantha has sung in many Indian languages such as Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Tulu, Sanskrit and Hindi and has recorded over 4,000 songs. The first Malayalam film she sang for was Muthalali and her first Tamil film was Konchum Kumari. She has sung numerous film songs in Malayalam with K. J. Yesudas. She also sang in Kannada, Hindi and Telugu movies.
- Kalaimamani (Tamil Nadu)
- The Ugadi Award (Andhra Pradesh)
- G Devarajan Shakthigada Award
- ^ a b c "B.Vasantha".[unreliable source?]
- ^ a b c Pradeep, K. (28 March 2019). "Music, her life". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- ^ "G Devarajan Shakthigadha award for singer B Vasantha - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 January 2021.
- B. Vasantha at IMDb