Azzi Glasser (born January 1970) is a British perfume designer. Glasser started her career in 1991, working for CPL Aromas, and went on to start her own companies, Agent Provocateur Parfum Ltd in 1999 INA Crystals in 2007, Family Three in 2001, Bella Freud Parfum in 2013 and The Perfumer's Story, by Azzi Glasser in 2015.
In 1991 Glasser joined CPL Aromas, a perfume house in Hertfordshire. There she trained to understand the chemical behaviour of raw materials, and aged 23 became commercial director, leading to her role as global commercial director for the perfume house.
In 1999 Glasser co-founded Agent Provocateur Parfums with Joseph Corre and Serena Rees, launching her first retail perfume ‘Agent Provocateur’. It won the Fifi 2001 award for best new female fragrance in limited distribution, together with a special award for creative imagery. Launched in 60 countries, Glasser and the team went on to create a bath and body collection which together with new additions to the fragrance led to the launch of the ‘House of Parfums’.
In 2001 Glasser founded Family Three, which creates fragrances for fashion designers, beauty brands, actors, musicians and artists, such as Helena Bonham Carter, Jude Law, Kylie Minogue, Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp. She also works with Andre Balazs on scents for his hotels, such as the Chiltern Firehouse. Azzi also created the scent for The Brompton Club London (now Ramusake).
In 2007 Glasser collaborated with make-up artist Mary Vango creating a skincare range. Customers include Helena Bonham Carter, Sharleen Spiteri, Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss, Kylie Minogue, Sadie Frost, Alison Mosshart.
The Perfumer’s Story By AzziEdit
Bella Freud Parfum LimitedEdit
Bella Freud Parfum is a company created by Freud and Glasser in 2013.
- Hill, Emma. (September 2015). "Scents of Identity". Centurion Magazine.
- Rushton, Susie. (19 December 2002). "A Nose For It". “ The Independent Review.“
- "Azzi GLASSER - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)". Beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Gray, .Marianne. (2013), "Perfumery Is Capturing The Essence Of Famous Names". Ham & High Magazine.
- Edwards, Sally. (May 2015). "Azzi Glasser". “ Blag Magazine. “
- Reinhold, Emma. (September 2015). "Scent of Seduction". Asia Spa Magazine.
- Herdman, Sophie. (May 2012). "Azzi Glasser". Psychologies Magazine.
- Collins, Georgia. (August 2015). "Scent of a Woman". Vogue Australia.
- Jacobs, Bel. "What's new: Charlotte Tilbury, Azzi Glasser and 'Bud' Crosthwait". Bel Jacobs Website.
- Rosen, Jamie. (April 2015). "On A Personal Note". Town & Country Magazine.
- Skidmore, Maisie. "A love letter to beautiful bathrooms". Another Magazine. Another Magazine.
- Williams, Tessa. (March 2010). "Sweet Smell Of Success". Scotland On Sunday.
- Thomas, Katie (5 October 2015). "The Perfumer's Story by Azzi". Tatler. Tatler.
- "Bella Freud's New Perfume Trio". Elle. 20 July 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- Kwon, Bora. (October 2014). "The Taste Makers". Because Magazine.
- Grinnell, SunHee. "British Import: Bella Freud". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- Kate Mikhail. "Kate Mikhail meets perfumer Azzi Glasser | Fashion". The Guardian. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Janet Christie (8 December 2015). "How to smell like a movie star". The Scotsman. Retrieved 10 May 2017.