Attorney General of American Samoa
The Attorney General of American Samoa is the chief law enforcement officer and chief legal advisor to the American Samoa Government.
The Attorney General of American Samoa aims to serve, protect, and represent the government and the people by enforcing the laws of American Samoa and the United States. The office has the following divisions:
- Administration Division
- Prosecution Division
- Litigation Division
- Solicitors Division
- Consumer Counsel Division
- Juvenile Division
- Child Support Enforcement Division (CSED)
List of attorneys general (1955-present)Edit
- Peter Tali Coleman (1955-1956)
- Owen Aspinall (1961-1962)
- Alfred J. Gergely (1963-1967)
- Charles H. Habernigg (1967-1969)
- Alfred J. Gergely (1971)
- Donald C. Williams (1971-1975)
- Lyle L. Richmond (1975-1978)
- Frederick William Rohlfing (1978) [Acting]
- Tautai Aviata Fa'alevao (1981-1985)
- Afoa Fouvale Lutu (1985-1989)
- Tautai Aviata Fa'alevao (1989-1992)
- Malaetasi Togafau (1993-1997)
- Toetagata Albert Mailo (1997-2001)
- Faoa Aitofele Sunia (2002-2004)
- Malaetasi Togafau (2005-2007)
- Afa Ripley Jr. (2007-2013)
- Afoa Moega Lutu (2013-2014)
- Talauega Eleasalo (2014–present)
- "Office of the Attorney General, American Samoa". Office of the Attorney General, American Samoa. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- "Congressional Record". www.congress.gov. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- "Al Gergely Will Spend Final Month Here as Legislative Counsel" (PDF). Daily Bulletin. March 7, 1967.
- "Charles H. Habernigg *55". Princeton Alumni Weekly. 2016-01-21. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- General, National Association of Attorneys (1969). Newsletter & Digest of Selected Opinions of State Attorneys General. National Association of Attorneys General.
- "MAX HALECK, SR., Appellant v. GOVERNOR OF AMERICAN SAMOA, Appellee". March 26, 1971.
- Andelman, David A. "12 Criminal Counts Against Governor of Samoa Quickly Dropped". Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- The Journal of international law and economics. 1975.
- Institute, Alan Guttmacher; Planning, United States Office for Family; Services, United States Health Services Administration Bureau of Community Health (1978). Family planning, contraception, voluntary sterilization, and abortion: an analysis of laws and policies in the United States, each state and jurisdiction (as of October 1, 1976 with 1978 addenda). Dept. of Health, Education, and Welfare, Public Health Service, Health Services Administration, Bureau of Community Health Services.
- Law Firms Yellow Book: Who's who in the Management of the Leading U.S. Law Firms. Monitor Publishing Company. 2001.
- "NAAG | American Samoa Former Attorneys General". www.naag.org. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- Ronald, Reagan (1982-01-01). Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: Ronald Reagan, 1982. Best Books on. ISBN 9781623769369.
- Combs, Debra L. (1990). Death Investigation in the United States and Canada, 1990. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, Center for Environmental Health and Injury Control, Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects.
- "AMERICAN SAMOA GOVERNOR ORDERS ENFORCEMENT OF NO-GAMBLING LAWS | Pacific Islands Report". www.pireport.org. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- Ferro, Katarina; Wallner, Margot (2006). Migration Happens: Reasons, Effects and Opportunities of Migration in the South Pacific. LIT Verlag Münster. ISBN 9783700005391.
- "AMERICAN SAMOA GOV. SUNIA APPOINTS FITI SUNIA ATTORNEY GENERAL | Pacific Islands Report". www.pireport.org. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- Council of State Governments State Directory: Elective officials. Council of State Government. 2003.
- Governments, Council of State (2004-02-01). Elective Officials 2004: Csg State Directory 1. Council of State Government. ISBN 9780872928121.
- "American Samoa names new Attorney General". Associated Press. August 27, 2007.[permanent dead link]
- "NAAG | Talauega Eleasalo V. Ale". www.naag.org. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- "American Samoa's Newest Attorney General Appointed | Pacific Islands Report". www.pireport.org. Retrieved 2018-07-25.