The atomweight (or minimumweight) division in mixed martial arts generally refers to competitors weighing at or less than 105 lb (48 kg). It sits below the heavier strawweight division and is the lightest weight class widely recognized within MMA. The atomweight division in mixed martial arts is not defined by the Unified Rules and is used almost exclusively for Women's MMA.
- The Invicta FC's atomweight limits between 96 and 105 lb (43.5 to 47.7 kg)
- The ONE Championship's atomweight division, with upper limit at 52 kg (114.6 lb)
- The Deep Jewels's atomweight division, with upper limit at 105.8 lb (48 kg)
- The Road FC's atomweight division, with upper limit at 105.8 lb (48 kg)
Ambiguity and clarificationEdit
Invicta Fighting Championships, an all women's MMA organization, regularly holds contests at this weight and circulates a championship title. They held their inaugural atomweight title fight on October 6, 2012. The contest saw Jessica Penne defeating Naho Sugiyama by triangle choke in the second round. The title is currently held by Jinh Yu Frey.
This table was last updated in April 2019.
|Invicta FC||July 21, 2018||Jinh Yu Frey||11-3 (1KO 2SUB)||1|
|ONE Championship||May 7, 2016||Angela Lee||9-2 (7SUB)||3|
|Deep Jewels||December 1, 2016||Tomo Maesawa||12-9 (2KO 2SUB)||0|
|Road FC||June 10, 2017||Seo Hee Ham||19-8 (2KO 3SUB)||2|
- "Angela Lee ("Unstoppable") | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology". Tapology. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Mina Kurobe | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology". Tapology. Archived from the original on 2018-01-06. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Seo Hee Ham ("Hamderlei Silva") | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology". Tapology. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2018-01-17.