Atlanta Track Club
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Atlanta Track Club is a non-profit, running organization for the Atlanta metropolitan area. It hosts over 30 events a year including the Thanksgiving Day Atlanta Half Marathon/5K and the AJC Peachtree Road Race. Atlanta Track Club was established in 1964 and is the second largest running organization in the United States. Its mission is to inspire and engage the community to achieve health and fitness through running.
|Headquarters||201 Armour Drive NE Atlanta, GA 30324|
|Amy Yoder Begley|
Events and programs offeredEdit
Atlanta Track Club provides multiple opportunities for runners and non-runners of all ages and ability levels to lead a more active lifestyle.
- The AJC Peachtree Road Race, held annually each Independence Day since 1970, is the largest 10K road race in the world. Membership in Atlanta Track Club by February 1 each year provides guaranteed entry into the AJC Peachtree Road Race
- Invesco QQQ Half Marathon, 5K, One Mile & 50m Dash (formerly The Atlanta Marathon), annually on Thanksgiving Day since 1981; event history dates to 1963.
- The Atlanta 10 Miler & 5K, annually in late October
- Atlanta Women's 5K
- Run Around the Park Relay (formerly Atlanta Ekiden)
- A popular All Comers Track and Field meet summer series for all ages and ability levels
- In-Training Program, includes a number of race training programs held throughout the year
- Kilometer Kids youth running program
- Peachtree Junior, includes a 3K event open to children ages 7–12, a 1⁄2 kilometre (0.31 mi) event open to children ages 5–9, and the Lil' Peach a 50 metres (160 ft) dash race open to children ages 6 & younger, held annually since 1987
- Grand Prix Series, a series of primarily low key, community events held throughout the year across metro Atlanta. A majority of Grand Prix events are free to members and only $10 for non-members. The Gran Prix Series races are as follows in the order by month held:
- Resolution Run 5K & One Mile - (January)
- Southside 12K - (January)
- Hearts & Soles 5K - (February)
- Singleton 4 Miler - (April)
- Decatur Dekalb 4 Miler - (July), The oldest 4 Miller in the USA to be continually run on its original founding course without change.
- Atlanta’s Finest 5K - (August)
- Wingfoot XC Classic - (September), A European style Cross Country meet for Middle School and High School Teams that offers a Kilometer Kids 1 mile and Community 5K Race open to the public.
- PNC Atlanta 10 Miler & 5K - (October)
- Triple Peach Race Series, a reward program for competing in a series of Atlanta's three top events; AJC Peachtree Road Race (July 4), Atlanta 10 Miler (October 23) and Invesco QQQ Half Marathon (November 24).
The following are events and programs Atlanta Track Club jointly puts on or participates in through collaborations with other organizations.
- Gambaccini, Peter (February 5, 2014). "Olympian Rich Kenah Will Direct Atlanta Track Club". Runner's World. Retrieved February 24, 2017.
- McKay, John; McKay, Bonnie (2008). Insiders' Guide to Atlanta. Globe Pequot. ISBN 978-0762745524.
- "Atlanta Track Club | Home of the AJC Peachtree Road Race | Atlanta Track Club". www.atlantatrackclub.org.
- "Grand Prix Calendar 2019" (PDF). AtlantaTrackClub.org. Atlanta Track Club. Retrieved 24 November 2018.
- "2018 WINGFOOT XC CLASSIC". AtlantaTrackClub.Org. Atlanta Track Club. Retrieved 24 November 2018.
- "Triple Peach Race Series". atlantatrackclub.org. Atlanta Track Club. Retrieved 28 April 2016.