This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2020)
|Association of Reform Zionists of America|
|President||Rabbi Joshua Weinberg|
|Chairman||Rabbi Bennett Miller|
|Associations||Union for Reform Judaism World Zionist Congress|
|Region||United States and Canada|
|Headquarters||633 Third Avenue, New York City|
ARZA was founded in 1978 after a resolution at the 1977 UAHC 54th General Assembly biennial convention.
ARZA is a member of the American Zionist Movement and, by extension, is part of the World Zionist Organization. In 2015, ARZA sent 56 delegates to the 37th World Zionist Congress after winning 40% of the US vote held by AZM. This was the single largest faction of the US delegation. Between the previous AZM WZC election in 2006 and the 2015 election, ARZA sent 56 delegates to the 2006 35th WZC and to the 2010 36th WZC.
Current Chairman: Rabbi Bennett Miller (2012-present)
- Rabbi Roland Gittelsohn (1978-1984)
- Rabbi Charles Kroloff (1984-1989)
- Norman Schwartz (1989-1993)
- Marcia Cayne (1993-1995)
- Philip Meltzer (1995-2004)
- Rabbi Stanley Davids (2004-2008)
- Rabbi Robert Orkand (2008-2012)
- Rabbi Bennett Miller (2012-2016, 2018-2021)
- Rabbi John Rosove (2016 - 2018)
Current President/Executive Director: Rabbi Joshua Weinberg (2013-present)
Former Executive Directors
- Rabbi Ira Youdovin 1977-1983
- Rabbi Eric Yoffie 1983-1992
- Rabbi Ammiel Hirsch 1992-2004
- Rabbi Andrew Davids 2004-2008
- Elana Paru - Interim Executive Director January to July 2009
- Rabbi Scott Sperling August 2009-June 2010
- Rabbi Daniel Allen July 2010-October 2012
- Barbara Kavadias - Interim Acting Executive Director November 2012-August 2013
- "History". Association of Reform Zionists of America. Retrieved September 22, 2016.
- "Reform Movement Out on Top in World Zionist Congress Elections". Arutz Sheva. June 7, 2015. Retrieved September 22, 2016.