Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability
By law, the Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability is appointed by the President of the United States with the advice and consent of the United States Senate. During a vacancy, the United States Secretary of the Treasury is authorized to appoint an Acting Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability.
List of Assistant Secretaries of the Treasury for Financial StabilityEdit
|Name||Assumed Office||Left Office||President Appointed By||Secretary Served Under|
|Neel Kashkari (Acting)||October 6, 2008||May 1, 2009||Henry Paulson
|Herbert M. Allison||June 2009||September 2010||Barack Obama||Timothy Geithner|
|Timothy Massad ||September 2010||June 2014||Barack Obama||Timothy Geithner
- Pub.L. 110-343 §101(a)(3)(A)
- Savage, Charlie; White, Ben (October 9, 2008). "Bailout Role Elevates U.S. Official". The New York Times. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- "Biography of Neel Kashkari". U.S. Treasury. October 6, 2008. Archived from the original on January 26, 2009.
- Rucker, Patrick (October 6, 2008). "Treasury names rescue program chief". Reuters.
- Profile from WhoRunsGov.org Archived September 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- From Treasury Dept. website