AskMen is a free online men's web portal, with international versions in Australia, Canada, the Middle East, the United Kingdom and the United States. It is owned by Ziff Davis and operates through the IGN Entertainment unit.
Type of site
|Online men's publication|
|Owner||Ziff Davis Media|
|Alexa rank||10,238 (January 2019[update])|
AskMen was founded in August 1999, created by Ricardo Poupada, Christopher Bellerose Rovny and Luís Rodrigues, all three graduates of Concordia University's John Molson School of Business in Montreal. The company secured $500,000 in venture capital in 2000 while its main competitor, TheMan.com, obtained $17 million in financing from Highland Capital. In November 2000, TheMan.com shut down operations, providing an opportunity for AskMen to become the largest men's lifestyle website online. By 2001, AskMen surpassed the other websites in its category to become the largest men's lifestyle website. In 2005, AskMen was acquired by IGN.
- "Askmen.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Stefanie Olsen (2000-11-01). "Latest dot-com bomb: TheMan.com". CNET News.com. Retrieved 2006-09-03.
- "One-year-old AskMen Surpasses Maxim & GQ and Remains Profitable". PRNewswire. 2001-06-04. Archived from the original on 2010-03-16. Retrieved 2006-09-03.
- IGN Acquires AskMen.com, The Internet's Leading Men's Lifestyle Web Site
- "AskMen Site Info". Alexa.com. 2010-02-16. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- "CBC News - Technology & Science - AskMen.com: a decade of manliness". Cbc.ca. 2009-12-15. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- "Category Spotlight: Lifestyle - Men's Interest". Hitwise.
- AskMen Presents:
- Bassil, James (2007), AskMen.com Presents From the Bar to the Bedroom: The 11 Rules for Picking Up and Pleasuring Women, HarperCollins, ISBN 9780061208522
- Bassil, James (2007), Askmen Presents the Style Bible: The 11 Rules for Building a Complete and Timeless Wardrobe, Collins, ISBN 9780061208508
- Bassil, James (2008), Askmen Presents the Guy's Guide to Romance: The 11 Rules for Finding a Woman & Making Her Happy, HarperCollins, ISBN 9780061242861