Ashland/63rd is an 'L' station and the terminal of the CTA Green Line's Ashland branch, located in the West Englewood neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois. Situating at 6315 S. Ashland Avenue, the station contains a Park 'n' ride lot with 235 spaces as well as a Kiss 'n' Ride lane. This is one of two stations on the Green Line to be named Ashland. The other station is on the Lake Street branch and is shared between the Green and Pink Lines. The Red Line served this station from May 19, 2013 to October 20, 2013, April 3, 2017 to November 22, 2017, and July 30, 2018 to April 26, 2019.
|Chicago 'L' rapid transit station|
|Location||6315 South Ashland Avenue|
Chicago, Illinois 60636
|Owned by||Chicago Transit Authority|
|Platforms||1 Island Platform|
|Opened||May 6, 1969|
|Rank||122 out of 143|
Loomis was a station on the Englewood branch of the Chicago "L". Although other stations on the Englewood branch opened in stages, the station opened on July 13, 1907, concluding overall construction of the branch. Despite improvements to the station, it was closed in 1969 when the new Ashland/63rd station opened two blocks west.
The Ashland/63rd station opened on May 6, 1969 to replace the Loomis station. Though the station itself was not rebuilt during the course of the Green Line renovation in 1994-96, an elevator was added to the station to make it ADA accessible.
- 9 Ashland (Owl Service)
- X9 Ashland Express (Weekday Rush Hours only)
- 63 63rd (Owl Service)
Notes and referencesEdit
- "Ashland Terminal to Open". Chicago Tribune. May 5, 1969. p. 3.
- "Annual Ridership Report – Calendar Year 2020" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority, Ridership Analysis and Reporting. January 19, 2021. Retrieved May 31, 2021.
- Chicago Securities - Volume 18, p. 183, at Google Books
- "Chicago L.org: Stations - Loomis Terminal". www.chicago-l.org.
- "Chicago L.org: Stations - Ashland/63rd". www.chicago-l.org.