Ascendal Group is a British public transport company that operates Whippet in Cambridgeshire, the Ascendal Punta Arenas in southern Chile, and has a small shareholding in Hong Kong bus companies of Citybus and New World First Bus through Bravo Transport. It was founded in 2018 by former Tower Transit CEO Adam Leishman until he and Go Whippet split away from Transit Systems to form Ascendal. Leishman is the son of Transit Systems co-founder Graham Leishman and was previously the Business Development Director at Transit Systems.
Whippet, formerly Go Whippet, is a bus operation in Cambridgeshire, England. It was purchased by Transit Systems in November 2014. The bus operation was transferred to Ascendal Group in October 2018.
Ascendal Punta ArenasEdit
Citybus & New World First BusEdit
Ascendal owns 0.6% of Bravo Transport, which owns Hong Kong bus operators Citybus and New World First Bus. The operations were acquired in August 2020 from NWS Holdings. Leishman also became the CEO of Bravo Transport.
- "Our Heritage". Ascendal Group. Retrieved 22 January 2022.
- Lee family completes sale of Whippet buses to Aussie firm Hunts Post 18 November 2014
- Whippet confirmed as part of Ascendal Group Coach & Bus Week issue 1364 16 October 2018 page 8
- Tower Transit adds Go Whippet Coach & Bus Week 18 November 2014
- Whippet changes hands as authority reviews options Buses issue 765 December 2018 page 6
- "Operations". Ascendal Group. Retrieved 22 January 2022.
- "Disposal of the entire issued shared capital of NWS Transport Services Limited" (PDF). NWS Holdings. August 2020. Retrieved 24 January 2022.
- Private equity fund Templewater buys Citybus and New World First Bus in HK$3.2b deal The Standard 21 August 2020
- Hong Kong sale saves jobs Buses issue 787 October 2020 page 20
- "International consortium acquires First Bus and Citybus" (PDF). Ascendal Group. NWS Holdings & Templeman. 21 August 2020. Retrieved 22 January 2022.
- "Parent company of Citybus and New World First Bus mulls merging option". Marketing Interactive. 30 July 2021. Retrieved 24 January 2022.