Artist-in-residence programs exist to invite artists, academicians, and curators to reside within the premises of an institution. Depending on the talent involved, the program may be entitled composer-in-residence or writer-in-residence. Comic artists programs may be called comic artist in residence or comic in residence. (Spelling of each term may include or omit the hyphen.)
Various composer-in-residence programs exist, for example with orchestras and universities. Ensembles may be "ensembles-in-residence", such as Gamelan Pacifica residing in Cornish College of the Arts.
- Cafe, Rebecca (4 August 2011). "What do artists-in-residence do?". BBC News.
- "American Composers Alliance". American Composers Alliance.
- "How to be a Writer in Residence". Alliance of Independent Authors: Self-Publishing Advice Center. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 25 February 2021.
- "Writer in Residence". The Mill Adelaide. 23 March 2019. Retrieved 25 February 2021.
- on YouTube
- "CUNE Comics-in-Residence Programme". CUNE Comics – Comics-in-Residence Programme for Northern European comic artists and professionals. 8 December 2020. Retrieved 25 February 2021.
- "Be an Artist-in-Residence - Arts in the Parks (U.S. National Park Service)". www.nps.gov.