Artak Ghulyan (Armenian: Արտակ Ղուլյան; December 28, 1958), is an Armenian architect and designer, Doctor of Architecture, Docent (Associate professor), and professor of the International Academy of Architecture. In September 2013, he received the title of "Honored Architect of the Republic of Armenia". In December 2013, he received the "State Prize of the Republic of Armenia" for the design of the Vatche and Tamar Manoukian Manuscript Library building at the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin.
|Alma mater||National University of Architecture and Construction of Armenia|
|Awards||"Honored Architect of the Republic of Armenia"|
"State Prize of the Republic of Armenia" (2013)
|Buildings||Saint John the Baptist Church,|
Holy Transfiguration Cathedral,
Vatche and Tamar Manoukian Manuscript Library
Life and educationEdit
Artak Ghulyan was born in 1958 in Gyulistan village of the Shahumyan Region, a majority-Armenian administrative unit outside the Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast, within the Azerbaijan Soviet Socialist Republic, USSR. His parents were teachers at the school of the village.
After completing his secondary education in his native village with honorary degrees in 1976, Ghulyan moved to Yerevan to study architecture at the National University of Architecture and Construction of Armenia, known as the Karl Marx Institute of Polytechnic during the Soviet period. He was graduated from the university in 1981.
Between 1981 and 1988 Ghulyan has worked as an assistant lecturer in the Faculty of Architecture of the Polytechnic Institute, teaching the basics of architectural design. Between 1988 and 1991 he was employed by the Art Institute of the Armenian National Academy of Sciences to work at the Department of Architecture. Between 1991 and 1994, Ghulyan has worked as the chief of the Department of Medieval Monuments of the Board of Monuments Preservation of the Republic of Armenia. In 1994, he became a senior co-worker of the National Academy's art institute. Between 1988 and 2010, Ghulyan concurrently worked as a teacher in the Faculty of Architetc of the National University of Architecture and Construction of Armenia lecturing the theory of architect and about the restoration of historic monuments. In 2002, Ghulyan became a Docent (Associate professor), and later in 2006 he received his PhD degree in architecture from the University of Architecture and Construction of Armenia. Artak Ghulyan is married to Hasmik Stepanyan who is a graduate of the Yerevan Brusov State University of Languages and Social Sciences. The couple has 2 children.
In September 2013, Ghulyan received the title of "Honored Architect of the Republic of Armenia" by a decree issued by then-president Serzh Sargsyan. In December of the same year, president Serzh Sargsyan honored him with the "State Prize of the Republic of Armenia" in the field of urban development and architecture, for the design of the Vatche and Tamar Manoukian Manuscript Library building in Etchmiadzin.
Works and designsEdit
- Vatche and Tamar Manoukian Manuscript Library of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Vagharshapat, opened in October 2012.
- Saint John the Baptist Church, Abovyan, opened in May 2013.
- Armenian Monastery Complex of Moscow: Holy Transfiguration Cathedral and the Church of the Holy Cross, opened in September 2013.
- Surp Hovhannes Church, Berd, opened in September 2014.
- Surp Karapet Church, near Jordan River, Jordan, opened in October 2014.
- Church of the Holy Archangels, Sevan, opened in March 2015.
- Church of the Holy Martyrs in Nubarashen, Yerevan, opened in April 2015.
- Surp Hovhannes Church, Artashat, opened in May 2015.
- Church of the Holy Saviour, Nor Hachn, opened in July 2015.
- Eurnekian School of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Vagharshapat, opened in September 2017.
- Holy Cross Church of Arabkir District, Yerevan, opened in April 2018.
- Mesrop Mashtots Church in Erebuni, Yerevan, construction in progress.
- Armenian church complex, Cherepovets, construction in progress.
- Armenian church, Surgut, construction in progress.
- Quba Mere Diwane Yazidi Temple, Aknalich, construction in progress.
- Church of the Holy Martyrs in Shengavit, Yerevan, awarded.
- Aratk Ghulyan biography
- Artak Ghulyan's profile at architizer.com
- President Serzh Sargsyan handed the RA State Awards for 2013
- Architect Artak Ghulyan
- On the occasion of Artak Ghulyan's birthday
- RA President's decree regarding the granting of state prizes (Armenian)
- RA President's decree regarding the granting of honorary titles (Armenian)
- "Ghulyan projects". Archived from the original on 2017-02-13. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- Vatche and Tamar Manoukian Manuscript Depository
- The newly-built Saint John the Baptist Church of Abovyan consecrated
- rmenian President attends consecration of Cathedral of Armenian Apostolic Church in Moscow
- "Pontiff Consecrates St. Hovhannes Armenian Church in Berd, Armenia". Archived from the original on 2017-02-15. Retrieved 2017-02-15.
- Interview with Artak Ghulyan
- President attends consecration ceremonies of newly-built churches in Sevan and Artashat
- Holy Martyr’s Church of Nubarashen Consecrated by Catholicos of All Armenians
- Armenian President attends consecration of churches in Sevan and Artashat
- Holy Savior Church in Nor Hachn consecrated
- New Church in Arabkir District of Yerevan
- Գարեգին Բ Կաթողիկոսի հանդիսապետությամբ կատարվեց Երեւանի Էրեբունի համայնքի եկեղեցու հիմնարկեքը
- Armenia to House World’s Largest Yazidi Temple
- Կոմիտասի անվան պանթեոնում Սրբոց Նահատակաց նոր եկեղեցին կկառուցվի նախկինում գոյություն ունեցող եկեղեցու տեղում
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Artak Ghulyan.|