Arrondissements of the Vienne department
- Arrondissement of Châtellerault, (subprefecture: Châtellerault) with 92 communes. The population of the arrondissement was 109,345 in 2016.
- Arrondissement of Montmorillon, (subprefecture: Montmorillon) with 91 communes. The population of the arrondissement was 67,025 in 2016.
- Arrondissement of Poitiers, (prefecture of the Vienne department: Poitiers) with 83 communes. The population of the arrondissement was 259,699 in 2016.
In 1800 the arrondissements of Poitiers, Châtellerault, Civray, Loudun and Montmorillon were established. The arrondissement of Civray and Loudun were disbanded in 1926.
The borders of the arrondissements of Vienne were modified in January 2017:
- four communes from the arrondissement of Châtellerault to the arrondissement of Poitiers
- one commune from the arrondissement of Montmorillon to the arrondissement of Châtellerault
- two communes from the arrondissement of Montmorillon to the arrondissement of Poitiers
- "Populations légales 2016" (PDF). INSEE. December 2018. Retrieved 2019-10-28.
- "Arrondissement de Montmorillon (862)". INSEE. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Arrondissement de Poitiers (863)". INSEE. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Historique de la Vienne
- "Arrêté préfectoral, 30 December 2016" (PDF). pp. 142–147. Retrieved 2019-10-28.