Ararat Sarkissian (Armenian: Արարատ Վանիկի Սարգսյան; born 1956 in Gyumri), is an Armenian post-modernist conceptual artist. He currently lives in Yerevan. He is a Member of the European Academy of Natural Sciences and International Association of Art.
He is the father of artist Arshak Sarkissian.
Ararat Sarkissian was the artist representing Armenia in the 2013 Venice Art Biennale, which had a purpose of bringing together all worldly knowledge and the greatest discoveries of the human race, under the title 'The Encyclopaedic Palace.' The Armenian pavilion (on the island of San Lazzaro degli Armeni) featured Ararat Sarkissian presenting a combination of the medieval Armenian tradition of reciting the epic poem of Daredevils of Sassoun and ancient tradition of animation through clay rollers.
- Meneshian, Knarik O. (October 7, 2000). "The Art of Ararat Sarkissian". The Armenian Reporter. HighBeam research. Archived from the original on November 5, 2012. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "Armenian Heritage Gallery: Armenian Church Singapore". National Library Board of Singapore. Retrieved 19 May 2021.
Visual Materials: A series of impressions of Armenian Street by Ararat Sarkissian.
- "Collaboration: ARARAT SARKISSIAN - ARTIST". Armenian Street Foundation. Retrieved May 19, 2021.
- "NATIONAL PARTICIPATIONS 55TH INTERNATIONAL ART EXHIBITION". LA BIENNALE DI VENEZIA. Retrieved May 19, 2021.
- "Art. Voyage en Arménie avec Aratat Sarkissian". Le Télégramme. March 18, 2013. Retrieved May 19, 2021.