This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aram I Keshishian (Armenian: Արամ Ա. Քեշիշեան, Arabic: ارام اول كشيشيان; born 8 March 8 1947 in Beirut, Lebanon), has been the head of the Catholicosate of the Great House of Cilicia of the Armenian Apostolic Church since 1994 and he resides in Antelias, Lebanon.
His Holiness Catholicos
|Catholicos of Cilicia|
|Church||Armenian Apostolic Church|
|See||Holy See of Cilicia|
|Predecessor||Karekin II (later Karekin I, Catholicos of All Armenians)|
|Birth name||Pedros Keshishian|
|Born||8 March 1947|
Aram I has written the following books:
- Nerses the Gracious: Theologian and Ecumenist, 1974, Beirut (in Armenian)
- The Witness of the Armenian Church in a Diaspora Situation, 1977, New York (in English), two editions
- The True Image of the Armenian Church, 1979, Antelias (in Armenian)
- With the Will of Re-Building, 1984, Beirut (in Armenian)
- With the People, 1989, Beirut (in Armenian)
- Conciliar Fellowship: a Common Goal, 1989, Geneva (in English), two editions
- Orthodox Perspectives on Mission, 1992, Oxford (in English), two editions
- Towards the 1700th Anniversary of the Christianization of Armenia, 1994, Antelias (in Armenian)
- The Challenge to be a Church in a Changing World, 1997, New York (in English), two editions
- Jesus Christ: the Son of God-the Son of Man, 1999, Antelias (in Armenian), two editions
- Church, Nation and Homeland, 1999, Antelias (in Armenian), two editions
- In Search of Ecumenical Vision, 2000, Antelias (in English), three editions
- L’eglise Face aux Grands défis, 2000, Antelias (in French), two editions
- The Armenian Church Beyond the 1700th Anniversary, 2002, Antelias (in English), three editions
- The Mission of Faith, 2003, Antelias (in Armenian), two editions
- Justice, Paix, Réconciliation, 2003, Antelias (in French)
- The Christian Witness at the Crossroads in the Middle East, 2004, Antelias (in English), three editions
- Der Zor: A National Sanctuary, 2005, Antelias (in Armenian)
- The Dignity of Serving, 2005, Antelias (in Armenian)
- For a Church Beyond its Walls, 2006, Antelias (in English)
- Pour un Monde Transformé, 2006, Antelias (in French)
- Dialogue with Youth Montreal, 2009 (in English and French)
- Enriching Life with values, Antelias, 2009 (in Armenian)
- St. Nerses the Gracious and Church Unity, Antelias, 2010 (in English)
- A Journey of Faith, Hope and Vision, Antelias, 2011 (in English)
- Taking the Church to the People, Antelias, 2011 (in English)
- Issues and Perspectives, Antelias, 2013 (in English)
In 2000, he indicated that he had no problem with the substance of Dominus Iesus, the document on relativism of the Holy Office of the Catholic Church, but faulted it for its unecumenical language.
Baselios MarThoma Didymos I, the Catholicos of the East and Malankara Metropolitan (Primate of the Malankara Orthodox Church), conferred the Order of St. Thomas, the most prestigious honor of the Church, on Aram I on February 27, 2010 at Kolenchery, India.
- "Biographical sketch of H. H. Aram I Keshishian, Catholicos of Cilicia (Main)". Armenian Orthodox Church. April 2008. Archived from the original on 29 October 2016. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Richard P. McBrien (11 January 2001). "Richard P. McBrien - Dominus Iesus: An Ecclesiological Critique". SEDOS - Service of Documentation and Study on Global Mission. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- George Thazhakara (28 February 2010). "Armenian Catholicos Aram I Honored with Order of St. Thomas". Indian Orthodox Herald. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Order Of St. Thomas". www.notknowingyourhistoryisnotknowingyourself.wordpress.com.
Media related to Aram I at Wikimedia Commons
| Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia