Aqua Boogie (A Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadoloop)
|"Aqua Boogie (A Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadoloop)"|
U.S picture sleeve for the single "Aqua Boogie"
|Single by Parliament|
|from the album Motor Booty Affair|
|B-side||"You're A Fish (And I'm a Water Sign)"|
|Length||9:22 (12" version)|
6:40 (album version)
4:25 (7" version)
The track features lead vocals by George Clinton, Garry Shider, Ray Davis, and newly recruited member Walter "Junie" Morrison. It is one of the last P-Funk tracks written by core members Clinton, bassist Bootsy Collins, and keyboardist Bernie Worrell.
- Lead vocals-George Clinton, Garry Shider, Ray Davis, Walter Morrison, Ramond Spruell (bird calls)
- Guitars-Garry Shider, Bootsy Collins, Phelps Collins
- Keyboards-Bernie Worrell
- Drums-Gary Mudbone Cooper
- Background vocals-: George Clinton, Gary Shider, Ray Davis, Debbie Wright, Walter Morrison, Jeanette Washington, Mallia Franklin, Shirley Hayden, Cheryl James, Lynn Mabry, Dawn Silva, Linda Brown, Richard "Kush" Griffith, Raymond Spruell, Mike "Clip" Payne, Joey Zalabok, Robert "P-Nut" Johnson, Larry Heckstall, Overton Loyd
"Aqua Boogie (A Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadoloop)" spent four weeks at number one on the R&B singles chart during the winter of 1979. However it was not as successful on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, only peaking at number 89.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 450.
|This 1970s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|