This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Apache Software Foundation|
2.0.8 / November 2, 2017
|Type||Portable Document Format (PDF)|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
Open Hub reports over 11,000 commits (since the start as an Apache project) by 18 contributors representing more than 140,000 lines of code. PDFBox has a well established, mature codebase maintained by an average size development team with decreasing Y-O-Y commits. Using the COCOMO model, it took an estimated 36 person-years of effort.
Apache PDFBox has these components:
PDFBox was started in 2002 in SourceForge by Ben Litchfield who wanted to be able to extract text of PDF files for Lucene. It became an Apache Incubator project in 2008, and an Apache top level project in 2009.
- (2017-03-18). "The Apache PDFBox Open Source Project on Open Hub". openhub.net. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- Apache PDFBox and FontBox 1.0.0 released, The H Open, 16 February 2010
- PDFBox Project Incubation Status
- PaDaF Preflight Codebase Intellectual Property (IP) Clearance Status
- Apache™ PDFBox™ named an Open Source Partner Organization of the PDF Association, February 3, 2015