"Any Time" is a Tin Pan Alley song written by Herbert "Happy" Lawson. The song was published in 1921 and first recorded by Emmett Miller for OKeh Records in 1924. Accompanying himself on ukulele, Lawson recorded his own version for Gennett Records on July 31, 1925. It became associated with Country music when Eddy Arnold rescued it from obscurity in 1948, topping the Billboard Juke Box Folk Records Chart for nine weeks.
|"Any Time (1921 song)"|
|Song by Emmett Miller|
|Published||December 27, 1921Herbert Happy Lawson Music Publishing Company, Dallas|
|Songwriter(s)||Herbert Happy Lawson|
- Eddy Arnold released a version in 1948 that reached #1 on the U.S. country chart and #17 on the U.S. pop chart.
- Foy Willing and His Riders of the Purple Sage released a version in 1948 that reached #13 on the U.S. country chart.
- Eddie Fisher released a version in 1951 that reached #2 in the U.S.
- Helen O'Connell released a version on Capitol in 1952 
- Patsy Cline recorded a version that was released posthumously in 1969 and reached #73 on the U.S. country chart.
- The Osmond Brothers released a version that reached #54 on the U.S. country chart in 1985.
- ^ Library of Congress. Copyright Office. (1921). Catalog of Copyright Entries, 1921 Music Last Half of 1921 New Series Vol 16 Part 2. United States Copyright Office. U.S. Govt. Print. Off.
- ^ Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 29.
- ^ Time+by+Eddy+Arnold&id=13649 Eddy Arnold, "Any Time" Chart Position Retrieved February 21, 2015
- ^ Time+by+Foy+Willing+and+His+Riders+of+the+Purple+Sage&id=98456 Foy Willing and His Riders of the Purple Sage, "Any Time" Chart Position Retrieved February 21, 2015
- ^ Eddie Fisher, "Any Time" Chart Position Retrieved February 21, 2015
- ^ "78 Record: Helen O'Connell - Any Time (1952)".
- ^ Time+by+Patsy+Cline&id=113745 Patsy Cline, "Any Time" Chart Position Retrieved February 21, 2015
- ^ Time+by+The+Osmonds&id=110400 The Osmonds, "Any Time" Chart Position Retrieved February 21, 2015