Antonio Mercero Juldain (7 March 1936 – 12 May 2018) was a Spanish director of the television series Verano azul and Farmacia de guardia. He is best known as the director of a 1972 surrealist short horror film titled La cabina, that won an Emmy Award. His 1998 film A Time for Defiance was entered into the 21st Moscow International Film Festival where it won the Special Silver St. George. In 2010, he was awarded an Honorary Goya Award (Goya de Honor). He died on 12 May 2018 in Madrid at the age of 82 after a battle against Alzheimer's.
Antonio Mercero Juldain
7 March 1936
|Died||12 May 2018 (aged 82)|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
- "21st Moscow International Film Festival (1999)". Moscow International Film Festival. 1999. Archived from the original on 22 March 2013. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Antonio Mercero recibirá en febrero el Goya de Honor de la Academia". El País (in Spanish). Madrid: PRISA. 2 December 2009. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- "Antonio Mercero: Las películas de Antonio Mercero". Yahoo Movies (in Spanish). Yahoo!. 2007. Archived from the original on 6 March 2010. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- Caña, Javier (12 May 2018). "Muere el director de cine Antonio Mercero a los 82 años en Madrid". El País (in Spanish). Prisa. Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- Virtual Museum of Antonio Mercero
- Antonio Mercero at IMDb
- El País articles on Antonio Mercero (in Spanish)