Antoan Edward Richardson (born October 8, 1983) is a Bahamian former professional baseball player. Richardson was an outfielder in Major League Baseball (MLB). He played for the Atlanta Braves and New York Yankees.
Richardson batting for the New York Yankees in 2014
|Born: October 8, 1983|
|September 4, 2011, for the Atlanta Braves|
|September 28, 2014, for the New York Yankees|
|Runs batted in||1|
Richardson attended American Heritage High School, Palm Beach Community College, and Vanderbilt University, where he played college baseball for the Vanderbilt Commodores baseball team. He was drafted in the 2001, 2002, 2004 and 2005 Major League Baseball Drafts.
San Francisco GiantsEdit
Richardson was called up to the majors for the first time on September 4, 2011, and recorded his first career hit, a single to right field, off of Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw in his first career Major League at-bat.
On December 16, 2011, Richardson signed a minor league contract with the Baltimore Orioles.
New York YankeesEdit
On November 13, 2013, he signed a minor league deal with the New York Yankees. After playing the minor league season with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, the Yankees promoted Richardson to the major leagues on September 2, 2014. On September 25, Richardson pinch-ran for Jose Pirela in the bottom of the ninth inning against the Baltimore Orioles. He scored the winning run on a walk-off single by Derek Jeter in the final Yankee Stadium at-bat of Jeter's career. Overall, for the season, he had five hits in sixteen at bats (.313 batting average), along with five stolen bases. After the season, he was outrighted off the Yankees roster.
On December 11, 2014, Richardson signed a minor league contract with the Texas Rangers.  He underwent back surgery on March 27, 2015, and was placed on the 60-day disabled list on April 2, 2015.
Los Angeles DodgersEdit
Richardson signed a minor league contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers on April 29, 2016 after being released by the Pirates just two days prior. The Dodgers subsequently released him on June 22, 2016 after he hit .222 in 15 games for the AAA Oklahoma City Dodgers.
- "American Heritage grad Antoan Richardson part of Derek Jeter lore". Retrieved March 5, 2016.
- Giants Release Richardson, McNiven Archived March 31, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Richardson signs with Braves in minor league Archived March 29, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Braves call up speedy outfielder Richardson". MLB.com. Retrieved March 5, 2016.
- "A Richardson gets second call-up to major leagues". Retrieved March 5, 2016.
- "MLB.com Gameday". Retrieved March 5, 2016.
- Andro, Anthony. "Rangers get DeShields in Rule 5 Draft". foxsports.com. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- Biertempfel, Rob (January 4, 2016). "Catcher McGuire leads prospects invited to spring training with Pirates". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved March 5, 2016.