This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018)
The Annual Shogi Awards (将棋大賞 shōgi taishō) are a number of prizes awarded yearly by the Japan Shogi Association to professional and amateur shogi players who have achieved particular success. The first Annual Shogi Awards were presented in 1974.
|Annual Shogi Awards|
|Awarded for||Achievements of professional or amateur shogi players of the previous calendar year|
|Presented by||Japan Shogi Association|
|No.||Year||Player of the Year||Special Award||Excellent Player||Fighting Spirit||Game of the Year||Special Game of the Year||Best Winning Percentage||Most Games Won|
|49||2022||Sōta Fujii||—||Akira Watanabe||Tatsuya Sugai||Masayuki Toyoshima vs. Sōta Fujii||—||Takumi Itō (0.818)||Sōta Fujii (54 wins)|
|48||2021||Sōta Fujii||—||Akira Watanabe||Masayuki Toyoshima||Akira Watanabe vs. Sōta Fujii||Sōta Fujii vs. Ayumu Matsuo||Sōta Fujii (0.846)|
|47||2020||Akira Watanabe (2)||Kazuki Kimura||Masayuki Toyoshima||Takuya Nagase||Masayuki Toyoshima vs. Kazuki Kimura||Akihito Hirose vs. Sōta Fujii||Sōta Fujii (0.815)||Sōta Fujii (53 wins)|
|46||2019||Masayuki Toyoshima||—||Akira Watanabe||Akihito Hirose||Amahiko Satō vs. Yoshiharu Habu||Mana Watanabe vs. Hatsumi Ueda||Sōta Fujii (0.849)||Daichi Sasaki (46 wins)|
|45||2018||Yoshiharu Habu (22)||Sōta Fujii||Tatsuya Sugai||Masayuki Toyoshima||Akira Watanabe vs. Yoshiharu Habu||Sōta Fujii (0.836)||Sōta Fujii (61 wins)|
|44||2017||Amahiko Satō||Hifumi Katō||Yoshiharu Habu||Toshiaki Kubo||Yasumitsu Satō vs. Kōichi Fukaura||Kana Satomi vs. Hatsumi Ueda||Shōta Chida (48 wins)|
|43||2016||Yoshiharu Habu (21)||—||Akira Watanabe||Amahiko Satō||Akira Watanabe vs. Amahiko Satō||Kenjirō Abe vs. Yoshiharu Habu||Shintarō Saitō (0.769)||Amahiko Satō (41 wins)|
|42||2015||Yoshiharu Habu (20)||—||Tetsurō Itodani||Masataka Gōda||Yoshiharu Habu vs Masayuki Toyoshima||Mitsunori Makino vs Ryuuma Tonari||Tatsuya Sugai (0.796)||Tatsuya Sugai (43 wins)|
|41||2014||Toshiyuki Moriuchi (2)||—||Yoshiharu Habu||Masataka Gōda||Yoshiharu Habu vs Taichi Nakamura||Hiroyuki Miura vs Toshiaki Kubo||Yasuaki Murayama (0.767)||Yoshiharu Habu (42 wins)|
|40||2013||Akira Watanabe||Yoshiharu Habu||Yoshiharu Habu||Taichi Nakamura||Yoshiharu Habu vs. Akira Watanabe||Kana Satomi vs. Hatsumi Ueda||Takuya Nagase (0.786)||Habu (51 wins)|
|39||2012||Yoshiharu Habu (19)||—||Akira Watanabe||Masataka Gōda||Akira Watanabe vs. Tadahisa Maruyama||—||Taichi Nakamura (0.851)|
|38||2011||Yoshiharu Habu (18)||—||
||Akihito Hirose||Akihito Hirose vs. Kōichi Fukaura||Toshiyuki Moriuchi vs. Takeshi Fujii||Amahiko Satō (0.795)||Yoshiharu Habu (43 wins)|
|37||2010||Yoshiharu Habu (17)||—||Toshiaki Kubo||Kazuki Kimura||Toshiaki Kubo vs. Yasumitsu Satō||Kōichi Kodama vs. Kōta Kanai||Masayuki Toyoshima (0.763)||Masayuki Toyoshima (45 wins)|
|36||2009||Yoshiharu Habu (16)||Makoto Nakahara||Akira Watanabe||Toshiaki Kubo||Akira Watanabe vs. Yoshiharu Habu||—||Atsushi Miyata (0.757)||Toshiaki Kubo (49 wins)|
|37||2008||Yoshiharu Habu (15)||—||Yasumitsu Satō||Kōichi Fukaura||Kōichi Fukaura vs. Yoshiharu Habu||—||Yasuaki Murayama (0.783)||Yoshiharu Habu (44 wins)|
|36||2007||Yasumitsu Satō||—||Yoshiharu Habu||Akira Watanabe||Kōji Tanigawa vs. Yoshiharu Habu||—||Chikara Akutsu (0.776)||Yasumitsu Satō (57 wins)|
|35||2006||Yoshiharu Habu (14)||—||
||Yasumitsu Satō||—||—||Shin'ya Satō (0.787)||Akira Watanabe (41 wins)|
Kōzō Masuda AwardsEdit
This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018)
The Kōzō Masuda Award (升田幸三賞 Masuda Kōzō shō) and the Kōzō Masuda Special Prize (升田幸三賞特別賞 Masuda Kōzō shō takubetsu shō) are two prizes awarded to professional or amateur players who have made an outstanding contribution to the development and evolution of shogi openings by way of innovation or excellence in shogi theory or tactics. The awards are named after the innovative player, Kōzō Masuda. The Masuda Award is given out yearly since 1995 while the Masuda Special Prize is awarded infrequently.
- 1995 (22nd Annual Shogi Awards) Kunio Naitō for the Side Pawn Capture, Bishop-33 variations.
- 1996 (23rd Annual Shogi Awards) Makoto Nakahara for the Nakahara variation of Side Pawn Capture and the Nakahara castle.
- 1997 (24th Annual Shogi Awards) Takeshi Fujii for the Fujii System.
- 1998 (25th Annual Shogi Awards) Teruichi Aono for the Saginomiya joseki.
- 1999 (26th Annual Shogi Awards) Makoto Chūza for the Side Pawn Capture, Chūza's Rook.
- 2000 (27th Annual Shogi Awards) Kunio Yonenaga for the Yonenaga King.
- 2001 (28th Annual Shogi Awards) Hiroyuki Miura for the Millenium castle.
- 2002 (29th Annual Shogi Awards) Masakazu Kondō for the Cheerful Central Rook.
- 2003 (30th Annual Shogi Awards) Kōichi Kodama for the Crab Silvers.
- 2004 (31st Annual Shogi Awards) Kōji Tanigawa for his ...S-77+ move in his A-class Ranking Match against Akira Shima.
- 2005 (32nd Annual Shogi Awards) Daisuke Suzuki for the New Quick Ishida (4. P-7d).
- 2006 (33rd Annual Shogi Awards) Hitoshige Awaji for the Tempo Loss Bishop Exchange.
- 2007 (34th Annual Shogi Awards) Yasumitsu Satō for the ambition and variety of moves in Direct Opposing Rook.
- 2008 (35th Annual Shogi Awards) Kenji Imaizumi for the 1... R-32 opening.
- 2009 (36th Annual Shogi Awards) Toshiaki Kubo for his 6. R-7e move in the 2nd. match against Yasumitsu Satō for the 34th Kiō title.
- 2010 (37th Annual Shogi Awards) Eiji Iijima for the Iijima Bishop Pullback.
- 2011 (38th Annual Shogi Awards) Yoshitaka Hoshino for the Super High Speed Silver-37 strategy.
- 2012 (39th Annual Shogi Awards) Yasumitsu Satō for the move 13. K-57 in his first game against Toshiaki Kubo for the Ōshō title.
- 2013 (40th Annual Shogi Awards) Takeshi Fujii for the Bishop Exchange Fourth File Rook.
- 2014 (41st Annual Shogi Awards) Ayumu Matsuo for the ...K-52 variation of Side Pawn Capture.
- 2015 (42nd Annual Shogi Awards) Tatsuya Sugai for his many tactical variations against Central Rook Anaguma, Cheerful Central Rook, Quick Ishida and others.
- 2016 (43rd Annual Shogi Awards) Eisaku Tomioka for the Tomioka variation of Bishop Exchange, Reclining Silver.
- 2017 (44th Annual Shogi Awards) Shōta Chida for the Bishop Exchange, Reclining Silver variations K-42/G-62/R-81.
- 2018 (45th Annual Shogi Awards) Teruichi Aono for the Aono Side Pawn Capture, and Yūki Sasaki for the Yūki Side Pawn Capture .
- 2019 (46th Annual Shogi Awards) Sōta Fujii for the move 38. ... Rx7g+ in the final match of the 5th class of the 31st Ryūō Ranking tournament against Naohiro Ishida on June 5, 2018.
- 2020 (47th Annual Shogi Awards) The shogi engine elmo for developing the "elmo castle".
- 2021 (48th Annual Shogi Awards) Takahiro Ōhashi for the Yōryū Fourth File Rook
- 2022 (49th Annual Shogi Awards) Shōta Chida for the Bishop Exchange Gold-33 Quick Silver Attack
Masuda Special PrizeEdit
- 2003 Katsumi Tateishi for the Tateishi Fourth File Rook.
- 2005 Taku Morishita for the Morishita System.
- 2007 Kazuo Manabe for his splendid, phantom ...*B-42 move in his (last) match against Masayuki Toyoshima.
- 2011 Takayuki Yamasaki for the New Yamasaki variation of Side Pawn Capture.
- 2014 Yasuaki Tsukada for the Tsukada Special developed in the mid 1980s.
- 2016 Hifumi Katō for his developments and many novel contributions for Climbing Silver over his 62-year career.
- 2017 Nobuyuki Ōuchi for his many developments in the strategy for Bear-in-the-hole Ranging Rook.
- 2018 Tadahisa Maruyama for his research on Bishop Exchange opening including Tempo Loss Bishop Exchange.
- 2019 Kenji Waki for the Waki System.
- 2020 Sōta Fujii for the move 58...S*31 in Game 2 of the 91st Kisei title match.
- 2022 Torahiko Tanaka for his developments in opening strategy for Static Rook Anaguma and Yagura Without Pushing the Rook Pawn among others.
- "Shōgi Saiyūshūkishishō ni Habu Nikan" 将棋 最優秀棋士賞に羽生二冠 [Habu 2-crown chosen "Player of the Year"] (in Japanese). NHK. April 2, 2018. Archived from the original on April 3, 2018. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
将棋大賞は, 日本将棋連盟が1年間に活躍した棋士に与える賞で, 昭和49年に設けられ, ことしが45回目の表彰です。[Tha Annual Shogi Awards are given out by the Japan Shogi Association to players for their performances during the previous year. The awards were started in 1974, and this year marks the 45th year they have been presented.]
- "Shogi Taisho Jushosha Ichiran" 将棋大賞受賞者一覧 [List of Annual Shogi Award Winners] (in Japanese). Japan Shogi Association. Archived from the original on August 27, 2016. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- "Kishi Dētabēsu: Shōgi Taishō Jushōsha Ichiran" 棋士データベース: 将棋大賞受賞者一覧 [Professional Shogi Player Database: List of Annual Shogi Award Winners] (in Japanese). Japan Shogi Association. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- "Saiyūshūkishi Habu Yoshiharu Ryūō, Tokubetsushō ni Fujii Sōta Rokudan. Dai Yonjūgokai Shōgi Taishō Kimaru" 最優秀棋士賞に羽生善治竜王, 特別賞に藤井聡太六段. 第45回将棋大賞決まる [Shogi News: 45th Annual Award Winners] (in Japanese). Japan Shogi Association. April 2, 2018. Retrieved April 5, 2018.