Anne Julie de Melun
Anne Julie de Melun (Anne Julie Adélaïde; 1698 – 18 May 1724) was a French noblewoman, by birth member of House of Melun and mother of Charles de Rohan, Duke of Rohan-Rohan the famous general of Louis XV as well as Madame de Marsan. She died of smallpox in her twenties.
|Princess of Soubise|
Anne Julie Adélaïde de Melun
|Died||18 May 1724|
Hôtel de Soubise, Paris, France
|Noble family||Melun (by birth)|
Rohan (by marriage)
(m. 1714; died 1724)
|Father||Louis de Melun|
|Mother||Élisabeth Thérèse de Lorraine|
Born in 1698, she was baptised with the names Anne Julie Adélaïde and was known as Anne Julie. Born to Louis de Melun, Prince d'Epinoy, and his wife Élisabeth Thérèse de Lorraine, princesse de Lillebonne she was the second of two children. Her brother Louis de Melun disappeared in 1724, two months after her death.
At the age of roughly fifteen, she married Jules, Prince of Soubise. The couple were wed in Paris on 16 September 1714. Her husband was a member of the Princely House of Rohan and with the marriage, Anne Julie took on the style of Her Highness. Her husbands parents were Hercule Mériadec, Duke of Rohan-Rohan and Anne Geneviève de Lévis.
The couple had five children in all. She and her husband died in Paris of smallpox. Her eldest son Charles succeeded as Prince of Soubise. Her brother's disappearance, led to the Principality of Epinoy (previously enjoyed by Anne Julie's father) was given to her son, Charles.
- Charles de Rohan, Prince of Soubise, Duke of Rohan-Rohan (16 July 1715–4 July 1787) married Princess Anne Marie Louise de La Tour d'Auvergne (1722–1739) and had issue; married again to Princess Anna Teresa of Savoy (1717–1745) and had issue; married Princess Anna Viktoria of Hessen-Rheinfels-Rotenburg (1728–1792) no issue;
- François Armand Auguste de Rohan, Cardinal de Soubise, Prince of Tournon (1 December 1717–28 Juin 1758)
- Marie Louise Geneviève de Rohan (7 January 1720–4 March 1803) married Prince Gaston Jean Baptiste of Lorraine, Count of Marsan,, no issue;
- François Auguste de Rohan, Count of Tournon (16 September 1721–6 August 1736) never married;
- René de Rohan, Abbot of Luxeuil (26 July 1723–7 February 1743) never married.
|Ancestors of Anne Julie de Melun|
References and notesEdit
- Saint-Allais, Nicolas Viton de (1816). Nobiliaire universel de France: ou Recueil général des généalogies. Googlebooks.org. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- Aubert de La Chesnaye Des Bois, François-Alexandre. "Dictionnaire de la noblesse, contenant les généalogies, l'histoire et la chronologie des familles nobles de France". Gallica.org. Retrieved 2010-03-21.