Anna Reshma Rajan is an Indian film actress who mainly appears in Malayalam films. She made her debut in 2017 with the film Angamaly Diaries. She worked as a nurse in a private hospital in Kochi before making her first foray into films.
|Born||30th Jan 1991|
|Residence||Aluva, Kochi, Kerala|
|Years active||2017 – present|
Personal life and educationEdit
Anna was born into a Christian Malayali family in Aluva, Kerala, to Sheeba and KC Rajan. She has an elder brother named Shaun. Anna's father passed away of a heart-attack when she was in college, the sudden demise of her father put a lot of financial pressure on her family, so she had to take up jobs while in college to support the family financially.
Most of Anna's education took place in Aluva, she did her schooling from Nirmala Higher Secondary School, after which she completed her eleventh and twelfth grade from St Frances College in Aluva. She studied nursing from Government Medical College, Ernakulam. Anna, liked to play sports and has competed at various sporting district level activities representing her school and college.
Growing up, Anna knew she had three career paths in her life, either to become an Engineer or an MBBS Doctor or to do Nursing. Being an average student, she ruled out MBBS as her career which is academically demanding. Anna always wanted to go abroad and work, seeing one of her Neigbors' do Nursing and settle in Australia, she decided to pursue nursing in the hopes of going abroad.
Anna Rajan hails from Aluva in Kerala. She worked as a nurse in Rajagiri Hospital in Kochi before foraying into films. She was identified by producer Vijay Babu and director Lijo Jose Pellissery after seeing her face in a hoarding in Kerala. They made her audition for the role of Lichy in Angamaly Diaries. Including her, the film introduced 86 debutant actors. In the film she is credited as Reshma Rajan. After that, she preferred to be credited as Anna Rajan. Her second film was the Lal Jose directorial Velipadinte Pusthakam (2017), in which she starred opposite Mohanlal.
|2017||Angamaly Diaries||Lichy||Lijo Jose Pellissery||Credited as Reshma Rajan|
Nomination , Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Malayalam
|Velipadinte Pustakam||Mary||Lal Jose|
|2019||Lonappante Mamodeesa||Leena||Leo Thaddeus|
|Sachin||Anjali||Santhosh Nair||Post Production|
- "Reshma Rajan: Diary of a nurse". Deccan Chronicle. 19 March 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- Kaumudy (9 September 2018), A Day with Anna Rajan (Lichy / Angamaly Diaries) | Day with a Star | EP 09 | Part 01 | Kaumudy TV, retrieved 12 February 2019
- സുദ്വീപ് (16 March 2017). "'ലിച്ചിയുടെ വില കളയാൻ ആഗ്രഹമില്ല'". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Reshma Rajan: Diary of a nurse". Deccan Chronicle. 19 March 2017. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Mohanlal's heroine changing name". Kerala Kaumudi. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- "Acting with Mohnanlal a dream come true: Anna Reshma Rajan". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 24 May 2017.