Anna Hahner in 2016
|Born||20 November 1989|
|Height||165 cm (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||48 kg (106 lb)|
|Sport||Track and field|
She and her twin sister, Lisa Hahner, were born in 1989. They were inspired to take up long distance running after hearing an interview with musician and amateur runner Joey Kelly when they were seventeen.
Anna competed in the women's marathon event at the 2016 Summer Olympics. She and Lisa controversially crossed the finishing line together at position 81 and 82. They finished more than 15 minutes below their personal bests. They were accused of trying to attract media attention and they did get more coverage than their teammate, Anja Scherl, who finished ahead of them. They said that it was Anna's idea when she realised that with two kilometres to go that she might capture Lisa.
- "Anna HAHNER". Olympic Channel. Retrieved 1 March 2020.
- Run, Anna, Run: Meet the Berlin Marathon hope, 28 September 2014, TheLocal.de, Retrieved 17 August 2016
- "Anna Hahner". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 15 August 2016. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Sisters Anna and Lisa Hahner have infuriated a nation, 17 August 2016, news.com.au, Retrieved 17 August 2016
- Twins Finish Marathon Hand in Hand, but Their Country Says They Crossed a Line, 16 August 2016, Christopher Clarey, New York Times, Retrieved 17 August 2016