Anika Larsen (born December 19, 1973) is an American actress and singer. She was nominated for the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical in 2014 for portraying Cynthia Weil in Beautiful: The Carole King Musical. Larsen has made an album of recordings titled, Sing You To Sleep.
|Born||December 19, 1973|
|Alma mater||Yale University|
Larsen made her Broadway debut in 2000 in the ensemble of Rent. In 2002 she originated the role of Roberta in the cult Off-Broadway musical, Zanna, Don't!, for which she received a Lucille Lortel Award nomination for Best Featured Actress in a Musical.
In 2005 she again appeared on Broadway in the ensemble of All Shook Up and in 2007 performed in the original Broadway ensemble of Xanadu. She has also performed in Avenue Q playing the role of Lucy the Slut/Kate Monster on National Tour, Broadway, and Off-Broadway.
Larsen is the founder of the Jaradoa Theatre Company, which combines performance with community service. In 2009 a musical based on her own life, titled Shafrika: The White Girl, dealing with her experiences of living with a blended adoptive family, was staged at the Vineyard Theatre.
- Date of birth, familysearch.org; accessed May 31, 2014.
- Larsen Welcomes Baby Boy accessed 12-23-2015
- http://playbill.com/multimedia/video/mom-to-be-anika-larsen-previews-sing-you-to-sleep-cd-338506 Archived 2015-01-08 at the Wayback Machine accessed 1/5/2015
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2014-04-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- David, Cara Joy. "Quick Questions: Beautiful ‘s Anika Larsen is Back on Broadway" Huffington Post, January 15, 2014