Angry Birds Stella (TV series)
Angry Birds Stella is a Finnish computer-animated TV series based on the game Angry Birds Stella that was produced by Rovio Entertainment. The first episode, "A Fork in the Friendship", aired on ToonsTV in November 1, 2014. The series recounts the tale of Stella, along with her friends Luca, Willow, Poppy and Dahlia, as they struggle to contain Gale, the former friend of Stella, that is the queen of the pigs in Golden Island. The plot focuses on Gale's vain desire to find the legendary Golden Egg, for no other reason than its shininess. Early on, her antics cause plenty of problems for the birds and even the pigs who support her, but to no permanent harm. Gale eventually succeeds in finding the Golden Egg, but becomes increasingly power-mad and abuses the Egg's Midas Touch, turning anyone or anything into gold, and everything else into stone. Stella eventually takes the Egg from Gale and turns her into inanimate gold. After reversing the process, Gale becomes terrified of the Egg and runs off back to her castle. Stella returns life to the island before banishing the Egg permanently. But the golden egg came back seven months later.
|Angry Birds Stella|
|Created by||Mikko Pöllä|
|Based on||Angry Birds|
by Rovio Entertainment
|Directed by||Kari Juusonen|
|Voices of||Heljä Heikkinen|
Antti L. J. Pääkkönen
|Opening theme||"Angry Birds Stella"|
|Country of origin||Finland|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Mikael Hed|
|Running time||6 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Rovio Entertainment|
Anima Vitae (season 1)
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Television (Home media release)|
|Original release||November 1, 2014 –|
March 11, 2016
|Preceded by||Piggy Tales (2014—present)|
This could have been the final season of the Angry Birds Stella series due to a third season not being announced as of March 2018[update].
- Stella, Pink in color – The de facto leader of the flock, Stella is described as adventurous, fierce, friendly, courageous and bold. Despite being very upset with Gale for the latter's departure and betrayal in the name of vanity, she still considers Gale a friend.
- Dahlia, Brownish in color and very owl-like in appearance – The brain of the flock and a smart inventor, but some of her inventions often backfire.
- Luca, Sky blue in color and similar in appearance to the Blues in the original game – The only boy in the flock and also the youngest. He is very playful and imaginative, and, unlike the others, has little to no ill-will towards Gale after the latter left the flock.
- Poppy, Light yellow in color and somewhat resembling a Cockatiel – Loud and boisterous, Poppy has a fondness for music, but the amount of noise she makes from her percussion often irks her friends instead, as Poppy frequently enjoys herself to the point she's unaware of the racket she makes.
- Willow, Darker blue in color with feathers resembling dreadlocks (most of which are concealed underneath her signature striped, floppy hat) – Very shy, however, she is a very talented artist, and specializes in painting portraits.
- Gale, the dark purple bird. Also known as the Bad Princess. – A selfish and extremely vain bird, formerly one of the flock and was once a close friend of Stella. She left the flock after discovering that, unlike her friends, the pigs were willing to have her as their queen without question and will answer her every whim. Despite leaving the flock, Gale remains highly motivated to keep the attention of her former friends, which often comes into direct conflict with her superiority complex.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||Season DVD release date (Region 1)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||13||November 1, 2014||January 24, 2015||December 1, 2015|
|2||13||October 9, 2015||March 11, 2016||March 18, 2016|
- "Angry Birds Stella Animated Series!". Angry Birds. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- "Angry Birds Stella Animated Series Exclusive Premiere!". Angry Birds. Retrieved November 1, 2014.
- "Angry Birds - Characters - Stella". Angry Birds. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Angry Birds - Characters - Dahlia". Angry Birds. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Angry Birds - Characters - Luca". Angry Birds. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Angry Birds - Characters - Poppy". Angry Birds. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Angry Birds - Characters - Willow". Angry Birds. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Angry Birds - Characters - Gale aka Bad Princess". Angry Birds. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Amazon.com: Angry Birds: Stella - Season 01: Antti Paakkonen: Movies & TV". amazon.com. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "VideoETA - Angry Birds Stella: The Complete Second Season (2016) DVD and Blu-ray". videoeta.com. Retrieved 24 March 2016.