Andy Greenwald (born May 19, 1977) is an author, critic, podcaster, and screenwriter. From 2011 to 2015, he was a staff writer and principal TV writer for Grantland. Previously, he was a senior contributing writer at Spin, and has also written for such publications as The Washington Post, Blender, Entertainment Weekly, The Village Voice, MTV Magazine, Complex, and Magnet. He is the author of the books Nothing Feels Good: Punk Rock, Teenagers, and Emo and Miss Misery: A Novel.
|Born||May 19, 1977|
|Occupation||Author, screenwriter, podcast host|
|Alma mater||Brown University, AB|
Life and careerEdit
Greenwald grew up in Philadelphia and currently lives in Los Angeles, California. He graduated from Friends' Central School in Philadelphia and Brown University in Providence. He is married and has two daughters.
In 2016, he co-hosted After the Thrones on HBO along with Chris Ryan, as well as Hacking Robot on USA Network. Greenwald also hosted the "Andy Greenwald Podcast" and currently co-hosts "The Watch" on Bill Simmons' The Ringer podcast network.
In 2018, Greenwald and Sam Esmail had their adaptation of the book "Briarpatch" ordered to series on USA.
- Casselberry, Ian (2015-11-06). "Andy Greenwald and his podcasts reunite with Bill Simmons". Awful Announcing. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Cobb, Kayla (2017-02-22). "From Grantland Critic To TV Writer: Andy Greenwald Discusses His Journey To 'Legion'". Decider. Decider.com. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Holmes, Dave (2017-03-29). "How an Unconventional Career Shift Helped Create 'Legion', TV's Most Unconventional Superhero Show". Esquire. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Fallon, Claire (2017-04-25). "A History Of All-Girl Bands And The Rock World That Tried To Keep Them Out". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Tishgart, Sierra (2017-06-03). "Andy Greenwald Craves Herr's Potato Chips at Inopportune Times". Grub Street. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Petski, Denise (2016-07-08). "'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets More Episodes; Andy Greenwald To Host Live Aftershow – Update". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-05-19.