by George MacKay Brown
|Screenplay by||Bill Forsyth|
|Directed by||Bill Forsyth|
|Country of origin||Scotland|
|Running time||50 minutes|
|Production company||BBC Scotland|
|Release||21:25, 30 November 1981 (GMT)|
A retired sea captain living alone in a remote cottage in Orkney is befriended by a young girl, Andrina, who asks him for a love story from his past. He repeatedly refuses to tell her, until he eventually succumbs, when the consequences are not as he expected.
- BBC – Radio Times – Andrina
- British Film Institute – Andrina
- Library of Congress – Andrina
- British Library – Andrina/Brown
- Review — Sunday Times Magazine, 29 November 1981, pp. 9–10.
- Review — Benny Green, Punch, 9 December 1981, p. 1069.
- Review — Alan Bold, "Trust the Teller, Not the Telly", Times Literary Supplement, 11 December 1981, p. 1442.
- Review — Tom Milne, Sight and Sound 51, no. 1 (Winter, 1981): 16.