|Born||1976 (age 42–43)|
|Genres||Alternative Pop, pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Percussion|
|Associated acts||Haris Alexiou|
Born and raised in Athens Greece, Andriana studied economics and music. She began singing as a vocalist/percussionist with rock singer-songwriter Nikos Portokaloglou Band in 1998. This led to her first studio recording 'Den Ein' Arga' from the OST of 'Brazilero', which became a major radio hit, and also her first solo album 'Kai I Gi Gyrizei', following a contract with Universal Music. She sang 'Gine Kommatia (Nocturnal Reggae)' on Portokaloglou's album 'Dipsa' and it became a major hit in both Greece and France. France's Ethnic Radio 'RFI Musique' included Gine Kommatia to their Top 10 list for over 3 months.
In 2004, Andriana was nominated for the 'Arion Awards' (Greece's most popular Music Awards) in the category for 'Best New Artist' and 'Best Female Pop Singer'. That same year, she appeared on Stefanos Korkolis's album 'Anemoptero' singing the title song, and on Kostas Livadas's 'Ti Hronia Ki Afti', singing 'Mia Mera Emine Akoma'.
During the Winter of 2004-2005, she performed alongside George Dalaras. In May 2005 she released her second studio album 'Min Pis Pote', following a new contract with Minos EMI. This album was repackaged in February 2006 featuring a new song by Stefanos Korkolis (music) and Rebecca Roussi [el] (lyrics) which was used in a popular TV advertisement.
In June 2007, she released her third studio album 'Des Kathara'. The title song's music video, an adaptation of Calogero's 'Face à la mer' with Greek lyrics by Nikos Moraitis [el], directed by Maria Skoka, won the Best Music Video Award for the Greek Video Music Awards 2008 [el].
In May 2009, she released her fourth album 'The Rose Tattoo', a selection of 1950s and 1960s Greek and international hits, arranged by composer Minos Matsas. This album was recorded in Los Angeles and Athens, Greece, using Skype.
In late 2010, Babali released her fifth studio album titled 'O Tzon Tzon Zi' (John-John is alive) which is entirely written and composed by lyricist Nikos Moraitis [el] and virtuoso violist and composer Stamos Semsis.
Around that time, the successful Greek TV series The Island used 'Ise Esi O Anthropos Mou' [el] (from her 2009 album: The Rose Tattoo) for the series theme song, which ranked #1 in iTunes (Gr) sales, whilst it's been rereleased, included in the OST. The winter of 2011, she collaborated in the studio and in live performances with Michalis Hatzigiannis giving concerts around Greece, Cyprus, North America, and Canada.
During the winter of 2015-2016 she collaborated on stage with Babis Stokas, and the summer of 2016 gave concerts performing with the great Greek Composer Mimis Plessas, while Winter 2016-2017 she co-starred in the musical theatre show "As Erhosoun Gia Ligo" along Giannis Bezos and Tania Tripi [el].
- In 2010, Ari Bafalouka's (Director) film entitled 'Apnea', where Andriana co-starred with well known Greek actors such as Giorgos Karamihos, Youlika Skafida, Iro Moukiou and Akilas Karazisis, aired in the Montreal World Film Festival. The film received very positive reviews from critics and was selected for the Fipresci and Audience Award at the 51st Thessaloniki Film Festival, and the Audience Award 'Best Film' in SEE FEST - Los Angeles 2011. The film screened at several festivals worldwide, and premiered in Greek theatres in January 2011.
- In early 2011, Andriana participated in a theatrical production for the first time, acting as well as singing, for Yorgos Nanouris's play 'Greece 11'.
|Andriana Babali discography|
- Kai I Gi Gyrizei (Universal Music Group 2003)
- Min Pis Pote (Minos EMI 2005)
- Des Kathara (Minos EMI 2007)
- The Rose Tattoo (Minos EMI 2009)
- O Tzon Tzon Zi (Minos EMI 2010)
- To Mazi Einai Dromos (Feelgood Records 2014)
- Me Hriazete (EP) (2006)
- Den Ein' Arga (2001)
- Moira Mou Egines (2003)
- Gyrna Piso (2003)
- Gine Kommatia (Nychterino Renge) (2004)
- Min Pis Pote (2005)
- Mazi Theos (2006)
- Des Kathara (Face à la mer) (2007)
- Diakopes Sti Baniera (2010)
- Periplanomeno (2010)
- Koukla Spasmeni (2010)
- Pente Vimata (2013)
- Ta Dahtylidia (2013)
- T' Akoustika [feat. Onirama] (2014)
- Mesopelaga (2015)
- Kali Chronia (Her Majesty's Sound Mix) (2015)
- Oute Gi' Asteio (duet with Rous) (2016)
- Spell (2018)
- Den Ein' Arga in Nikos Portokaloglou's Brazillero album (2001)
- Thalassa Mou Skoteini, second voice in Nikos Portokaloglou's Brazillero album (2001)
- Gine Kommatia (Nychterino Renge) in Nikos Portokaloglou's Dipsa album (2003)
- Anemoptero in Stefanos Korkolis's Anemoptero album (2004)
- Kyma in Palyrria's Palyrria album (2004)
- Mia Mera Emine Akoma in Kostas Livadas's Ti Hronia Ki Afti album (2004)
- Vale Mou Dyskola in Nikos Portokaloglou's Pame Alli Mia Fora (Live '01-'05) album (2005)
- Mono Esy in Nikos Portokaloglou's Pame Alli Mia Fora (Live '01-'05) album (2005)
- Ta Karavia Mou Kaio in Nikos Portokaloglou's Pame Alli Mia Fora (Live '01-'05) album (2005)
- Gine Kommatia in Nikos Portokaloglou's Pame Alli Mia Fora (Live '01-'05) album (2005)
- Mia Agalia Gia To ArGoodaki in MAD TV's charity album (2005)
- Panta Dikos Sou in Zak Stefanou's Omorfos Kosmos album (2005)
- Den Fovame in RG's To Proto Htipima album (2006)
- Ekina Pou Den Eho in Estudiadina Neas Ionias [el]'s Dakri Sto Giali album (2006)
- Mou Les in Euro-Revisions, a National TV tribute to the early Eurovision Years (2006)
- Mathima Solfege in Euro-Revisions, a National TV tribute to the early Eurovision Years (2006)
- Den Xero Poso S' Agapo, O Lefteris, Ena Asteri Pefti-Pefti, Ta Therina Sinema, Aliti, Aspra, Kokkina, Kitrina, Ble in "Den Xero Poso S' Agapo" album, a live tribute to Vicky Moscholiou (2006)
- Des Kathara (Face à la mer) Mad VMA Edition in Stereo Mike's XLI3H album (2007)
- Ise Allou, Im' Edo in Giorgis Hristodoulou's album "Min Allaxis Pote" (2007)
- Mpes Sto Klima in WWF's "The Green Album" (2007)
- Serenata in Renos Charalambidis - Ilias Katelanos "Lounge Istories" album (2008)
- Avokanto in Melpo Halkoutsaki [el]-Alkisti Halikia [el]s album 'Tragoudakia Galaktos [el] (2008)
- T Asteri in Stella's Gadedi [el] album Pantos itan nyhta La poupe (2008)
- Me Ena Zepelin in Yorgos Kazantzis [el]'s album Issalos Grammi (2008)
- Avgoustos in Onirama's album Horis Etia (2009)
- Liberdade / Eleftheria in Citânia's (Portugal) Segredos do mar (2011)
- Sunny Mae (feat. Adriana Babali) in Mattisse's Sunny Mae (feat. Adriana Babali) digital single (2011)
- Vrochi Ton Asterion in Michalis Hatzigiannis's album Tharros I Alitheia (2011)
- Stagones in Lazaros Samaras's EP Stagones (2012)
- Kopse in George Dalaras's album Ti Tha Pei Etsi Einai (2012)
- Na Niotho Kai As Min Katalavaino in Ola Ta Nai Tou Kosmou (Various Artists) (2012)
- Agapi Ti Lene in Dimitris Korgialas's digital Single (2014)
- Poios Xerei?, Ekloges & Logakia Magika in Otan Arrostise O Ilios: Mousiko Paramythi (Various Artists) album (2015)
- Se Ena Synnefo in Dimiotris Karras "Anna Punk's Diary" album (2016)
- Mia Agapi Mikri in "Ston Aera Tou Melodia" (Various Artists) album (2016)
- To Vradi in "To Poiima Pou Egine Tragoudi" (Various Artists) live album (2016)
- Paradeisos in Tareq's digital Single (2017)
- M' Agapas? in Apollon Bollas's digital Single (Composed by Lena Platonos - Myrto Kontova [el] (2017)
- The Isles Of Greece in Stamatis Chatziefstathiou's Ellines Filellines album (2017)
- Flert in Monsieur Minimal's Erotica album (2017)
- "Neraida" duet with Dimitris Yfantis in Livin R's "Neraida" digital single (2017)
- Min To Pis Pouthena in Stathis Drogosis [el]'s "18+" album (2017)
- "Nikos Portokaloglou". nikosportokaloglou.gr. Retrieved 2015-04-08.
- "enet 2003" (in Greek). enet.gr. 2003-07-06. Archived from the original on 2011-10-02. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "RFI Music". www.rfimusic.com. Archived from the original on 2013-11-09. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "Babali-Dalaras Duet on TV" (in Greek). www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Lacta TV Spot". www.lacta.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Skoka Reel". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Alexiou-Stokas-Babali" (in Greek). www.musiccorner.gr. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Alexiou-Stokas-Babali_Cyprus". www.cyprusevents.net. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "The Rose Tattoo presentation" (in Greek). www.pathfinder.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Ise Esi O Anthropos Mou #1 on iTunes". Apple. 2010-10-24. Archived from the original on 2013-11-09. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "Vrochi Ton Asterion". www.apple.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Hatzigiannis-Babali Live" (in Greek). www.protothema.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-20.
- "Ti Tha Pei Etsi Einai Live Cyprus". www.apple.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Humaterra in Istanbul". www.hurriyetdailynews.com. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- "Humaterra in Milan". www.piccoloteatro.org. Archived from the original on 2013-06-09. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- "Ari Bafalouka". cineuropa.org. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Apnea film". www.imdb.com. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Apnea Variety Review". www.variety.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Apnea The Skinny Review". www.variety.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Apnea Awards". www.filmfestival.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Apnea Awards". www.filmfestival.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Apnea Glaskow" (in Greek). www.tovima.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Greece 11". www.mcf.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Quarderinas Quartet at Thessaloniki Concert Hall" (in Greek). www.tch.gr. Retrieved 2018-12-27.
- "Quarderinas Quartet in Cyprus". www.cyprusevents.net. Retrieved 2018-12-27.
- "Citania Album". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Sunny Mae". www.apple.com. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Ola ta nai tou kosmou". www.amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Paradeisos digital single". www.apple.com. Retrieved 2018-01-24.