Rippin was Professor of History and Dean of the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Major academic fields of Andrew Rippin was the history of the formative period of Islam and the interpretation of the Qurʾān in the classical period of Islam. He was the author of many works on the Qur'an and its interpretation, as well as the widely respected Muslims - Their Religious Beliefs and Practices, now in its fourth edition (2012). In 2006, he was made a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada. Some of the works of Andrew Rippin are related with the research on Ibadism.
- Andrew Rippin, Jan Knappert (eds.), Textual Sources for the Study of Islam, Totowa, N.J. : Barnes & Noble, 1987.
- Andrew Rippin (ed.), Approaches to the History of the Interpretation of the Qur'an, Oxford : Clarendon Press, 1988.
- Andrew Rippin, Muslims: Their Religious Beliefs and Practices, New York : Routledge, 1990.
- Andrew Rippin (ed.), The Qur'an: Formative Interpretation, Aldershot: Ashgate, 1999.
- Andrew Rippin (ed.), The Qur'an, Style and Contents, Aldershot: Ashgate, 2001.
- Andrew Rippin, The Qur'an and its Interpretative Tradition, (Variorum Collected Studies), Aldershot, Hampshire; Burlington, VT: Ashgate/Variorum, 2001.
- Norman Calder, Jawid Mojaddedi, Andrew Rippin (eds.), Classical Islam: A Sourcebook of Religious Literature, New York : Routledge, 2003.
- Andrew Rippin, Muslims: Their Religious Beliefs and Practices. 2005.
- Andrew Rippin (ed.), Defining Islam: A Reader, London; Oakville, CT: Equinox, 2007.
- Andrew Rippin (ed.), The Islamic world, New York: Routledege, 2010.
- Andrew Rippin, Jawid Mojaddedi (eds.), The Wiley Blackwell Companion to the Qur'an, Chichester, W. Sussex: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2017.
- Elizabeth Lumley, Canadian Who's Who 2004 (University of Toronto Press, 2004: ISBN 0-8020-8892-9), p. 1098.
- (PDF) http://web.uvic.ca/~arippin/rippincv.pdf. Missing or empty
- Custers, Martin H. (2016). Al-Ibāḍiyya: A Bibliography, Volume 3 (Second revised and enlarged ed.). Hildesheim-London-N.Y.: Olms Publishing. p. 577. ISBN 978-3-487-15354-4.
- RIP Andrew Rippin (1950-2016)
|This biographical article about a Canadian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Islamic scholar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|