Andrew McMillen (born c. 1988) is an Australian freelance journalist and author who is based in Brisbane, Australia. Over the course of his career, McMillen's primary focus has been music.
On 23 July 2014, University of Queensland Press released McMillen's debut book Talking Smack: Honest Conversations About Drugs.
Early life and educationEdit
McMillen grew up in the southern Queensland, Australia city of Bundaberg, the son of two teachers. McMillen relocated to the state capital city, Brisbane, in 2006 to commence a communication studies degree at the University of Queensland (UQ).
McMillen's debut book Talking Smack: Honest Conversations About Drugs[ISBN unspecified] was published by University of Queensland Press on 23 July 2014. David Messer of The Sydney Morning Herald called the work "a brave and important book" and praised McMillen for being "careful to provide a balance of experiences, including non-drug takers."
- McMillen, Andrew. "About the book". talkingsmack.com.au. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- Holder, Rodney. "Andrew McMillen- Music Journalist". musicbusinessfacts.net. Music Business Facts. Archived from the original on 11 March 2015. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- Free, David (13 September 2014). "Andrew McMillen's Talking Smack gets lowdown from users and abusers". The Australian. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- Bochenski, Natalie (1 August 2014). "Smack talk: Brisbane writer's quest to reframe the drugs discussion". Brisbane Times. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Messer, David (15 August 2014). "How drugs help some musicians to make music". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 7 March 2015.