Andrew D. Bernstein
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Andrew D. Bernstein is an American sports photographer.
His company, Andrew D. Bernstein Associates Photography, Inc. has served as the official photographer for most of Los Angeles's professional sports teams. Bernstein is in his 33rd consecutive season serving as the longest tenured NBA league photographer and official team photographer for the Lakers and Clippers. He also has been serving as the official team photographer for the Kings for the past 22 years. Bernstein also holds the title of Director of Photography for STAPLES Center and Nokia Theater LA Live since both of the buildings' ribbon cuttings in 1999 and 2007. Previously, Bernstein was the team photographer at the Dodgers from 1983–1994.
Bernstein has been photographer for the United States Olympic national basketball team since the 1992 "Dream Team", and has extensively covered all USA gold medal-winning teams since. Bernstein has worked commercially on advertising campaigns for Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Mia Hamm, LeBron James and many others for brands such as Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Pepsi, Coca-Cola and Icy Hot. His work has been showcased in many exhibitions over the years. He is only one of four photographers whose work is on permanent display at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA. Bernstein was inducted into the National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame in 2013.
Bernstein is the host of Through The Lens, which is a regular feature on the Lakers channel on Time Warner Cable SportsNet LA. It is a unique perspective of Lakers history through his photos that Bernstein hosts with a famous guest.
- NBA Hoop Shots: Classic Moments from a Super Era. David Stern (Foreword). 1996. ISBN 0-942627-24-5.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Jackson, Phil (2010). Journey to the Ring: Behind the Scenes with the 2010 NBA Champion Lakers. ISBN 978-0-9823242-2-6. Archived from the original on 2013-09-22. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
- Bryant, Kobe. The Mamba Mentality: How I Play. MCD, 2018.
- "Andrew Bernstein". Archived from the original on 2014-12-16. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- "Bernstein: A Bridge Between Magic, Kobe and LeBron". Los Angeles Lakers. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- Front Row Gallery. "Andrew Bernstein – Art". Archived from the original on 2009-03-27. Retrieved 2009-06-13.
- TWC SportsNet LA. "Through The Lens".
- Bryant, Kobe. The Mamba Mentality : how I play. Gasol, Pau; Jackson, Phil; Bernstein, Andrew D. (First ed.). New York. ISBN 9780374201234. OCLC 1056952281.