Andrew Cohen (journalist)
This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Andrew Cohen is an award-winning Canadian journalist,bestselling author, and professor of journalism at Carleton University's School of Journalism and Norman Paterson School of International Affairs. Cohen has written widely on international affairs and on Canadian politics. His books include: A Deal Undone: The Making and Breaking of the Meech Lake Accord and Trudeau's Shadow: The Life and Legacy of Pierre Elliott Trudeau.
|Born||23 October 1955|
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Occupation||Journalist, author, professor|
Cohen was born in Montreal, Quebec. He studied political science at McGill University and then took graduate degrees in journalism and international relations at Carleton University. From 1991 to 1993, he was a Visiting Fellow at the University of Cambridge. He also spent a year at the German Institute for International and Security Affairs in Berlin.
He has worked as a journalist for The Ottawa Citizen, United Press International, Time, The Financial Post, Saturday Night and The Globe and Mail. At the Globe and Mail, he was a member of the Editorial Board and a columnist and foreign correspondent in Washington. Cohen has won two Canadian National Newspaper Awards, three National Magazine Awards and the Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal.
He has written and co-edited six books, among them The Unfinished Canadian: The People We Are, and While Canada Slept: How We Lost Our Place in the World, which was a national bestseller and a finalist for the Governor General's Literary Award for Non-Fiction. His other publications include Extraordinary Canadians: Lester B. Pearson, and Lost Beneath the Ice: The Story of HMS Investigator.
- Trudeau's Shadow: The Life and Legacy of Pierre Elliott Trudeau written with J.L. Granatstein (Vintage Canada, 1999, ISBN 0679310061)
- While Canada Slept: How We Lost Our Place in the World (2003, ISBN 0771022751)
- The Unfinished Canadian: The People We Are (McClelland & Stewart, 2007, ISBN 978-0771021817)
- Extraordinary Canadians: Lester B. Pearson written with John Ralston Saul (Penguin Canada, 2008 ISBN 978-0670067381)
- Lost Beneath the Ice: The Story of HMS Investigator (Dundurn, 2013, ISBN 978-1459719491)
- Two Days in June: John F. Kennedy and the 48 Hours that Made History (2014, ISBN 0771023871)
- Ottawa Citizen.Biography: Andrew Cohen. Ottawa Citizen. Columnists. Retrieved on: 2009-11-21.
- Canadian Heritage. Canadian Voices: Speakers Archived October 8, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. Canadian Voices. Retrieved on: 2009-11-21.
- Cohen, Andrew (2013). Lost Beneath the Ice: The Story of HMS Investigator. Toronto: Dundurn Press. ISBN 978-1-45971-949-1.
|This article about a Canadian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a Canadian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|