|Full name||Andrew Bews|
|Date of birth||19 July 1964|
|Place of birth||Geelong, Victoria|
|Original team(s)||North Geelong (GFL)|
|Height||175 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||79 kg (174 lb)|
|Position(s)||Rover / Back pocket|
|1982 – 1993||Geelong||207 (132)|
|1994 – 1996||Brisbane Bears||56 (2)|
|1997– 1998||Brisbane Lions||19 (0)|
|Representative team honours|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1998.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Debuting in 1981 after being recruited from North Geelong, Bews played over 200 games for Geelong. Representing Victoria, he won the Simpson Medal in 1987 for best on ground against Western Australia in Perth. He went on to earn All-Australian selection the same year.
Bews moved to Brisbane in 1994 to play for the Brisbane Bears where he was used in defence. Bews' height was 175 cm and his weight 83 kg.
In addition to his football career Bews was a talented junior athlete, along with his brother Stephen, both competing for the Geelong Guild Athletic Club. Bews' earliest victories came at the 1978 "Weekly Times" Victorian Country Track and Field Championships held at Landy Field, South Geelong where he gained three gold medals in the men's under 14 90 metre hurdles, long and triple jump events.
Bews continues his links with the Geelong Guild Athletic Club, after retiring from football, he returned to track and field athletics as a veteran.
Bews most recently was the MC for the Geelong Guild Athletic Club's Centenary Dinner, held in Capri Receptions at North Geelong on 12 July 2008.
- "GEELONG - 2011 AFL Draft". Herald Sun. 24 November 2011. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- "Cats get Bews". www.geelongcats.com.au. Archived from the original on 10 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-25.
- "New Bews is good news for Cats". Geelong Advertiser. 11 October 2011. Archived from the original on 13 December 2011.
- "Three clubs snare father-son picks". The Age. 10 October 2011. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- "Cats to pounce on Jed Bews under father-son rule". Herald Sun. 7 October 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2014.