Andrei Alekseevich Slavnov (Андрей Алексеевич Славнов, born 22 December 1939, Moscow) is a Russian theoretical physicist, known for Slavnov-Taylor identities.
Slavnov graduated in physics in 1962 from Moscow State University and received in 1965 his Russian candidate degree (Ph.D.) from the Steklov Institute. Since then he has worked at the Steklov Institute in the department of theoretical physics, most recently as a principal researcher. In 1972 he received his Russian doctorate (higher doctorate) and since 1981 he has been a professor. In 1992 he became the head of the department of quantum field theory and later became the head of the department of theoretical physics at the Steklov Institute. Since 1991 he is also the chair of the department of theoretical physics at Moscow State University.
He received in the 2013 the Pomeranchuk Prize, in 1999 the Humboldt Research Award, in 2007 the Fock Prize of the Russian Academy of Sciences and in 1995 the Russian State Prize. In 1974 he was an Invited Speaker at the ICM in Vancouver. He became in 1987 a corresponding member and in 2000 a full member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
He is an editor for the journal Theoretical and Mathematical Physics.
- with Ludvig Dmitrievich Faddeev: Gauge Fields. Introduction to Quantum Theory, Addison-Wesley, 2nd edition 1991 (1st English-language edition, Benjamin 1980; Russian original published by Nauka, Moscow 1978)
- 60 years to nonabelian gauge fields." In Particle Physics at the Year of Light: Proceedings of the Seventeenth Lomonosov Conference on Elementary Particle Physics, pp. 435–442. 2017. arXiv.org preprint
- Ghorbani, Hossein, and Giampiero Esposito. "A pedagogical introduction to the Slavnov formulation of quantum Yang–Mills theory." International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics 8, no. 04 (2011): 821–834. arXiv.org preprint, 2010
- Slavnov, Slavnov-Taylor Identities, Scholarpedia
- Taylor, J. C. (1971). "Ward identities and charge renormalization of the Yang-Mills field". Nucl. Phys. B. 33 (2): 436–444. Bibcode:1971NuPhB..33..436T. doi:10.1016/0550-3213(71)90297-5.
- Slavnov, A. A. (1972). "Ward identities in gauge theories". Theoretical and Mathematical Physics. 10 (2): 99–104. Bibcode:1972TMP....10...99S. doi:10.1007/BF01090719.
- ICM Plenary and Invited Speakers (Slavnov's Invited Lecture was not given.)