Andrea Doucet (born c.1960) is a Canadian sociologist and writer. She is Professor of Sociology and Gender Studies at Brock University, and holds the Canada Research Chair in Gender, Work and Care. She is also the editor of the academic journal Fathering. She is the sister of BBC journalist Lyse Doucet.
|Education||BA in Political Theory, York University
MA in International Development Studies, Carleton University, PhD, University of Cambridge
|Occupation||Canada Research Chair in Gender, Work and Care|
|Employer||Carleton University, Brock University|
- Doucet, Andrea (2006). Do men mother? fathering, care, and domestic responsibility. Toronto, Canada: University of Toronto Press. ISBN 9780802085467.
- Doucet, Andrea; Siltanen, Janet (2008). Gender relations in Canada: intersectionality and beyond. Don Mills, Ontario: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780195423204.
- Doucet, Andrea (2010), "Taking off the maternal lens: engaging with Sara Ruddick on men and mothering", in O'Reilly, Andrea, Twenty-first-century motherhood experience, identity, policy, agency, New York: Columbia University Press, pp. 170–180, ISBN 9780231520478. Preview.
- Doucet, Andrea; McKay, Lindsey; Tremblay, Diane-Gabrielle (2011), "Canada and Quebec: two policies, one country", in Moss, Peter; Kamerman, Sheila B., The politics of parental leave policies: children, parenting, gender and the labour market, Bristol: Policy, pp. 33–50, ISBN 9781847429032.
- 2007 John Porter Tradition of Excellence Book Award from the Canadian Sociological Association
- Tom Fraser "Brock gets world-renowned working family researcher", St Catharine's Standard, 13 October 2011
-  Archived August 8, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Andrea Doucet, Sociologist and Writer". Http-server.carleton.ca. 2010-01-24. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- Doucet, Andrea (2006). Do Men Mother?: Fathering, Care, and Domestic Responsibility. University of Toronto Press. p. xi. ISBN 9780802085467.
|This biography of a Canadian sociologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|