andHow.FM is a non-profit, independent radio station which broadcasts at 107.5 FM from Papakowhai, a suburb of Porirua close to Wellington, New Zealand. The station broadcasts 24 hours a day from their FM broadcast and internet radio simulcast. andHow.FM is licensed with APRA and Recorded Music NZ in New Zealand for music broadcasting rights and operates under the NZ laws governing LPFM transmission. The station openly encourages and programs music from primarily independent music artists.
|Broadcast area||Porirua, NZ|
|Slogan||"Got indie?" & "Jamming the free world, one person at a time since 1998."|
|First air date||November 8, 1998|
|Format||Indie Rock, Alternative Rock|
|Former callsigns||AndHow Web Radio|
andHow.FM commenced broadcasting on their FM signal January 21, 2009 and previously at its internet radio presence, AndHow Web Radio on November 8, 1998. The station is funded by andHow Limited, in addition to donations & contributions from the listening public.
andHow.FM regular programming consists of a mix of music from the indie rock, alternative rock, modern rock genres. There are also a varied format of live shows throughout the week from DJs with interests in everything from 40s & 50s rhythm & blues to cutting edge electronica, that reflect a wide spectrum of music tastes.
- Papakowhai unlikely base for US indie rock station by Andrea O'Neil (KapiMana News, 28 May 2012)
- The best internet radio stations by Pete Naughton (The UK Daily Telegraph, 31 October 2013)
- Afternoons with Jim Mora live on-air interview w/Jim Mora (Radio New Zealand, recorded 29 May 2012)
- andHow Encourages Independents by Marguerite Clark (RadioWorld International 19 August 2014)
- Rocking the Free World Archived December 17, 2015, at the Wayback Machine. by Max Rashbrooke (“FishHead Magazine” March 2014 print-only issue)
|This article about a radio station in New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|